• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How do i connect to the EQBC Server (1 Viewer)

Solution
Hello OLOT, you will definitely want to look at the > MQ2EQBC overview < there are some tabs there with "Instructions" and "Commands, and "Overview" etc

There is also a video at the top

/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

tl;dr
run the eqbc server (dont close it)
have the plugin loaded on your characters /plugin mq2eqbc load
connect to it /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,984¢
Hello OLOT, you will definitely want to look at the > MQ2EQBC overview < there are some tabs there with "Instructions" and "Commands, and "Overview" etc

There is also a video at the top

/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

tl;dr
run the eqbc server (dont close it)
have the plugin loaded on your characters /plugin mq2eqbc load
connect to it /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112

Solution
RedCents
140¢
I could not find the answers I was looking for via search so here goes. How do I set up 1 instance of EQBCS on 1 computer and have toons on another computer connect to it? I have run toons on 2 different computers but the follow me, come to me, and mimic me functions do not cross to the other computer. I assume it has something to do with changing the 127.0.0.1 IP to that of the computer that runs the main instance of EQBCS.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,984¢
I could not find the answers I was looking for via search so here goes. How do I set up 1 instance of EQBCS on 1 computer and have toons on another computer connect to it? I have run toons on 2 different computers but the follow me, come to me, and mimic me functions do not cross to the other computer. I assume it has something to do with changing the 127.0.0.1 IP to that of the computer that runs the main instance of EQBCS.
you need to have computer 2 connect to the local ip of computer 1 (where the eqbcs is running).

127.0.0.1 is "home"

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,984¢
Sorry Sic, I need more explanation, software is not my forte. I set the .ini file to connect to the 198.x.x.x:2112 of the main computer and nothing.
did you click on the stuff above? what step specifically did you have trouble with

> this thing here < is a guide on how to do exactly what you're asking about

on computer 2 you just /bccmd connect 192.168.x.xxx:2112 whatever is the ip for your eqbc server (on computer 1)

you will need to make sure your local network / firewall is allowing those connections to happen

or you can also use dannet and there is no server

Users who are viewing this thread