• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How can I make EQ windows less annoying? (1 Viewer)

soulmonger

RedCents
75¢
Forgive me if any of these questions have been answered before. I did search for information on this topic but I really couldn't find any answer outside of use ISboxer, which I have never used, and I would prefer not to learn/pay for a new app.

I run 4 monitors on 1 PC. I generally use 3 of the 4 monitors for EQ and use the 4th to watch videos or browse while playing. Although, I do occasionally use all 4 for EQ when I feel it is needed. I use MQ2Login to login all my characters, and I generally run 4-6 chars at a time, but I do occasionally run up to 18 at once. Right now the way things work is I use MQ2Login to login all the chars I am planning on playing at the moment. Then I manually move each character to the appropriate monitor and change resolution/position as needed. There are a few things I would like to be able to do concerning monitor setup.

1. I would like each character to be assigned to a certain monitor so that when I login that character automatically appears on the monitor to which it was assigned. Is this something that is possible?

2. For some reason when I use the CycleNextWindow button it automatically changes the window to not be maximized. It still takes up the full screen, but the par the the chat bars where you enter text are actually below the screen. Is there a way to make it so when I hit the CycleNextWindow button it will keep the window maximized and thus fit the entire window into the monitor space?

3. 1 of my 4 monitors is a 1600x900 resolution monitor (the rest are 1920x1080) and I would prefer to keep using the 1600x900 monitor as 1 of the 3 monitors I normally use for EQ as opposed to switching it out with the monitor that I usually use for video/browsing. Is there any way to specify the resolution for each char/monitor?

Thanks for your time, and any/all input is appreciated.

With WinEQ2 (and I think ISboxer too) you can specify the resolution (and settings) of each individual client you login. I am not sure either will help with moving to other monitors as I don't know how that works, but I had ISboxer for a while and it was certainly nice for having multiple boxes on the same PC because you can tab to any of them instantly.

Although, you can do that with MQ2 as well, but I don't know how having extra monitors might affect that. But when MQ2 and kiss is setup really well (and you have some other macros and plugins to help out), then it should be very rare to ever even have to tab to another character. Because they can all be so automated and with eqbcs you can send them commands to do anything else like mez your target, loot your target, etc.

In the end for me, I got it so I didn't use anything except mq2/kiss. It lets me login everyone with 1 or 2 clicks and tab to any window with a hotkey. I use 2 copies of EQ on my PC, one for very low graphics settings which all my characters use except the main one that I play which is loaded from a second folder with max graphics and view distance and whatnot. Hope some of this makes sense :woop:

With WinEQ2 (and I think ISboxer too) you can specify the resolution (and settings) of each individual client you login. I am not sure either will help with moving to other monitors as I don't know how that works, but I had ISboxer for a while and it was certainly nice for having multiple boxes on the same PC because you can tab to any of them instantly.

Although, you can do that with MQ2 as well, but I don't know how having extra monitors might affect that. But when MQ2 and kiss is setup really well (and you have some other macros and plugins to help out), then it should be very rare to ever even have to tab to another character. Because they can all be so automated and with eqbcs you can send them commands to do anything else like mez your target, loot your target, etc.

In the end for me, I got it so I didn't use anything except mq2/kiss. It lets me login everyone with 1 or 2 clicks and tab to any window with a hotkey. I use 2 copies of EQ on my PC, one for very low graphics settings which all my characters use except the main one that I play which is loaded from a second folder with max graphics and view distance and whatnot. Hope some of this makes sense :woop:

Yeah, that is pretty much how I play now. I guess I just need to streamline my setup a little bit and build hotkeys for all the most common tasks. It's not really a problem when they are all setup running KA and actively hunting, its more just a pain in the ass when I am running 6 chars and we are doing something else (quests, travel, etc).

Yeah it certainly takes some time and effort to get it doing all sorts of extra stuff besides just fighting. I find macros really useful for stuff like travelling with multiple groups, I used to have a macro that ported my 3 groups somewhere with one click. I made some posts that might help, they have a lot of stuff about streamlining. I was obsessed with it :D

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/non-programmers-can-make-macros-too.67004/
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/useful-commands-hotkeys-to-save-time-and-trouble.298/
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/quick-tip-on-setting-up-hotkeys.67005/

I think those links might have some things that could help you. And hopefully someone else might have some ideas.

Question - How can I make EQ windows less annoying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back