• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How are people maxing out so often? (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,014¢
So I see quite a few people on another site selling max level, max AA, fully geared too s with all spells and epics, and I have to wonder…

How the heck do they have the time to do that. Is there something I’m missing?

I’d love to have those kind of toons but I also want to have a life haha.

I’d love to hear what y’all have seen and do you feel it takes the fun out of EQ?

It's not that difficult, just takes time to get to the point of having the kind of crews that can do it. What boggles my mind is how people, sometimes solo, are doing full blown 54 man raids! :rock:

So I see quite a few people on another site selling max level, max AA, fully geared too s with all spells and epics, and I have to wonder…

I’d love to hear what y’all have seen and do you feel it takes the fun out of EQ?
Some of them are doing it for a living, some were playing and are quitting, some just for extra holiday cash. It’s a time investment no matter what, but some people have been playing TLPs for like a decade now. They can be unbelievably efficient.

Once you have "caught up" once, it becomes trivial to maintain that as new expansions get released. It's really only the initial effort that takes time. If you had a box of 5 toons fully progressed, you could catch up that sixth person super fast, especially if you go to town during exp holidays. I could see these people just constantly rotating that 6th member to churn out accounts to sell.

You can do it too when playing EQ = your job. :p

It's easy..buy twink or alt gear for a SHD...Enc...Cleric...EX: Fungi, Manastone, etc...gear 3 (or more) and use the CWTN plugin's to chase on the tank and set them to rock and roll...on a regular (non-exp) run you can hit 60 (with no pwlvl in less than a day...you'll be 80 in the next day or two...and then you grab a main geared shd and grind them up in a week. Can usually get to max lvl (115 and aa's) in about a week+

I do - Outside rivervale to 10
The little goblin cave in rivervale to 15
Lake of I'll Omen to 30
Great-divide Tizmak caves 30-35
Great-divide Bear caves 35-45
Velketor's to 51
Plane of Innovation - 51-60
Bastion of Thunder 60-65
Dragonscale Hills 65-75/80ish
Grab a 110 tank---grind up to 85 in Shard's Landing
85-115 ROS or TOV dungeon of choice with tank...

Every 5 or 10 levels Throne of Heroes to GL...and /run Lua scriber...helps if you drop like 300k on each alt and buy then super fast mounts at lvl 1...
Done

I recommend krono pop at 85 so the babies can help your mains doing the grinding...once you get above 95...it accelerates a lot specially if you do a good dps build...ex: SHD/ZERK/ROGUE/RANGER/Enc/Cleric...or if you go the pet route SHD/MAG/MAGE/NEC/ENC/Cleric...they're pretty unstoppable past 85 in ros tbl content with a sturdy tank...

Question - How are people maxing out so often?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back