• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Heroic Character guide (1 Viewer)

HouseOfX

RedCents
560¢
Placeholder for completed guide...

- - - Updated - - -

The second guide I write follows since my return to Everquest after an 11 year hiatus. In keeping with general information, I'm going to dedicate this one to Heroic characters...

Three tiers exist...
- initial release December 18, 2014

1. Warrior's Edge Bundle (Notable for the Pegasus mount and Fallen Knight Illusion)

Heroic Character - LEVEL 85
Hero's Forge Armor
Wayfarer's Pocketed Rucksack 2 - 36 Slot Bags
Bayle Marks(230)
Bottle of Adventure III Experience Potion
White Pegasus Mount (Saddle)
Polymorph Wand: Fallen Knight Illusion

15,000 Platinum
Jungle Raptor Mount
Two 24-Slot Bags
Spells to Level 85
Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA's)
Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
Food, Drink, and Ammo

2. Hero's Calling Bundle
- Second highest cost

Hero's Forge Armor
Wayfarer's Pocketed Rucksack 36 Slot Bag
Bottle of Adventure II Experience Potion
15,000 Platinum
Jungle Raptor Mount
Two 24-Slot Bags
Spells to Level 85
Food, Drink, and Ammo
230 Bayle Marks

3. Hero's Entrance Bundle - Lowest Cost

Hero's Forge Armor
15,000 Platinum
Jungle Raptor Mount
Two 24-Slot Bags
Spells to Level 85
Food, Drink, and Ammo
100 Bayle Marks

PROCESS FOR REGISTERING AND CLAIMING A HEROIC CHARACTER
It can be daunting the first time you do this so a step by step process analysis is in order!

1. Obtain the code.
2. Enter the code in the daybreak account you want the Heroic character to reside.
3. The tricky part follows...when you get to your character screen you will see a box that states upgrade character. If you click, Daybreak takes you to their store to (you guessed it) buy a heroic character. Frustrating!!!
4. Make a new character OR with an existing character ENTER the world.
5. Type /claim
6. You may need to REFRESH at this point in the pop-up box.
7. You will now see the Heroic character option in your claim list.
8. Upgrade your character.
9. In the midst of all of this, you will be prompted about claiming various options in the package. You can claim these for the new heroic character OR use for another character on the account.

- - - Updated - - -

Questions that I'd like to answer include...

1. Are heroic characters worth the cost of admission?

2. Skill load-outs for casters, DPS, and other support characters?

3. Is it better to start a new character, or use an existing one?

4. What part of the heroic gear is helpful? What do you recommend changing out to? Zones to obtain replacement gear or what to buy in the bazaar is what I'd like your thoughts on!

Last edited:
1. yes and if you plan it right - YES
2. We have an extensive list in level 2 for Heroic loadouts
3. Start a new one if yours has AAs already spent
4. Heroic gear is OK but barely, everything in Grounds is an upgrade! And get Reiss Armor or Rustic it will almost double your stats!

The best way to take advantage of this is to level a toon to 75ish then get all his AAs from the AALIST macro, should be about 1.5k - 3k depending on class... THEN pop him to heroic and he will be awesome!

for my own toons, I always do the tank heroic but honestly don't know why...

- - - Updated - - -

AAs become harder to get as you get more, try leveling a Shaman or an SK and see the pain of 18k AAs! The more you can get early on the better! just popping the Autogrant and or Heroic will put the rest of your AAs into more expensive exp per AA so plan ahead!

Raz, what is the idea of getting about 1.5k-3k aas at 75?

Wouldn't that be just wasted time if one is going heroic or popping auto-grant the next day?

I do not know of any way of just storing AA besides the allowed 5+Level(ie Level 75 can store 80 AA).

With the exception of some tradeskill AAs and Spell Casting Subtlety I think you get all the <85 AAs for free when you go heroic.

Basically Heroic is just like popping auto-grant at 85 plus you get the DON and MPG AAs as a bonus which auto-grant does not give.

For tanks the Heroics are worth it if you ever plan on spending some time on Free 2 Play, since you get access to the 30AC non-prestige aug quests in HOT and Feerrott: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/feerot-quests-for-augs.209049/page-3

There are a lot of AAs that autogrant and or Herioc do not give you and TBM AAs can start as low as level 75 now....

Thanks Raz, good to know.

Anyone compile a list of what AAs heroics/auto-grant does not give you below 85?

Okay, something like Bind Affinity AA is not auto-granted even though it is level 55 required but it is CoTF AA so is not covered by auto-grant. Still that is 3AA.

I usually level a toon to 100 or 105 then grab a couple hundred AAs really fast, then hit auto-grant. I have a hard time finding things to buy after 400-500 AA which would not be covered at least partially by auto-grant.

For example, if I want to max defensive AAs, I have to grab all the AAs that would be granted. So it is tough to calculate whether the bonus AA xp for the later AAs offsets the loss from doing the earlier AAs.

Just an example, to max Combat Agility to 54, I can start from 0, or I can start at 33 (Heroic) or 45(Autogrant at 95). So the calculation would have to be whether 46-54 of CA at no bonus xp > or < 1-54 of CA at bonus xp (lets say 700%).

This of course assumes a PLed toon, if you want to tank you need all the CA you can get ASAP.

TY for the great responses, I have definitely learned some things! I will incorporate some things into the first post later today.

Guide - Heroic Character guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back