• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - Here's an easy way to backup your UI (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,824¢
Hey guys,

I thought I'd share how I personally back up my character's UI.
It can be a major pain to reset up a complicated toon from scratch, or even restore a chat window you accidentally closed.
My setup backs up my UI once every day and saves it to pCloud (or you can use Dropbox, Google Drive, or whatever).

Step 1: Open notepad

Step 2: Paste in the text below
Bash:
@echo off

xcopy C:\Games\Everquest\eqclient.ini P:\Backups\EQ\eqclient.ini /y
xcopy C:\Games\Everquest\UI_Username_cazic.ini P:\Backups\EQ\UI_Username_cazic.ini /y
xcopy C:\Games\Everquest\Username_cazic.ini P:\Backups\EQ\Username_cazic.ini /y

exit /b

Step 3: Customize it for your machine
  • If your game directory is different, change that
  • Change Username to your character's name
  • Change cazic to the short name of your server
  • Finally, change P:\Backups\EQ to wherever you want to store your files (just make sure the file name is identical)
Step 4: Save the file as a batch script (.bat file). You can save it anywhere. I just save it right at C:\

Step 5: Open Windows Task Scheduler. Just hit Start and start typing schedule... You'll find it.

Step 6: Create a task
  • On the right, under Actions, click Create Basic Task...
  • Name it something like Backup EQ UI and click next
  • Select Daily and click next
  • Set the start date and time (set up a time that your computer is usually on) and set it to recur every 1 day. Click next.
  • Select Start a program and click next.
  • Click browse and find the batch script you saved earlier. Click next.
  • Leave the settings on the last page alone and click finish.

There you have it. Simple. Customizable. If you have multiple characters, just add lines in the batch script to reflect that.
The script will run at the time of day you selected. You'll notice a command prompt flash and disappear.
It will overwrite your backup each day with the current version you're using.

If you liked this quick guide, please shoot me some red coins. I'm trying to get to level 2. Thanks!

Tip - Here's an easy way to backup your UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back