• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help Please (1 Viewer)

KOKKOR

RedCents
I downloaded last mq2 zip file, the 20050419a one and extracted in my mq2 directory as usual
I also downloaded and extracted the updated release.zip folder found on Zed thread
But I still can t use MQ2, having error message Invalid client version

Can you help plz?

as info, i m computer idiot :p , I don t own Visual studio so i can t compile anything myself

Thks answering

KOKKOR said:
I downloaded last mq2 zip file, the 20050419a one and extracted in my mq2 directory as usual
I also downloaded and extracted the updated release.zip folder found on Zed thread
But I still can t use MQ2, having error message Invalid client version

Can you help plz?

as info, i m computer idiot :p , I don t own Visual studio so i can t compile anything myself

Thks answering
Your using a compile that is for a different patch date than the current patch for eqgame.exe

shadowman33 said:
Compiling mq2 is actually ALOT easier than most people think. I had never worked with any of the software you use to compile before when I first downloaded mq2, but with this it was alot easier than I thought it was going to be.

Follow the instructions in this link. This explains things completely and easily.
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=184

Actually, for those who know nothing about nothing... it's hard to do... unless you follow the directions. Once you use them... it's pretty straightforward... then you get to plugins... they're hard... till you read the directions. The second time you compile... it's all pretty simple... even without the directions.

siddin said:
Your using a compile that is for a different patch date than the current patch for eqgame.exe

I give up, can t find where i can get a free VS download, easy to understand and to undertake, to do my own compiles
My english is not that fluent, me French :cool:

However i have a question : i downloaded several updates on MQ2 website
(macroquest2.exe zip file), extracted them and run eq without any problems
from december to march with macroquest running
And today i can t run anymore mq2 because my compile has different patch date than current patch for eqgame.exe as siddin said
how is that possible and can i fix that? Can you explain me why i was able to run eq and mq2 during 5 months with updates and why i can not now?
I m unable to run mq2 anymore for 2 weeks now, i m getting.....upset?nervous?
I don t have VS or whatever is required for compiles, i gave my auth codes to Zed some months ago (is that enough now?) and what must i do in simple and non technical words plz?

I also tried to create a new mq2bis folder, extracted different mq2.exe zip files in it and none running :(

Am sure this could also help some one day or another

Thks in advance,
K

the reason you can run mq2 sometimes even though eq is updated, is because I believe if the eqgame.exe file in eq is not changed during the sony update, then mq2 does not need to be patched or recompiled. The reason you can not run your mq2 now is because it needs to be patched to work with the current eqgame.exe. I have not compiled mq to work on someone elses's computer, but let me look into how to do it and if I figure that out I'll let ya know and do it for you. All the links to the programs you need to download in order to be able to compile mq2 are in that link I posted on previous post here. Let me see what I can come up with on compiling for other systems.

you play on sebilis, me on kael;-) so we are on the same patch, one behind the americans. our eqgame.exe is from 3.3. and we need the macroquest version MQ2-20050304. i put a little zip together, the warp offset and the docrack.ini and some things in it
http://people.freenet.de/SandiHome/sandi.zip
thats what you need to warp and use docrack.
the only problem i have is i am on a very slow internet connection (modem).
i told a friend who hast dsl to download me visual studio.net, he is already loading the last two weeks and its going to take even another two or three weeks, grrr.
if i ever get my hands on this visual studio.net crap i will compile us mq2 and make a thread for us poor europeans;-)

what should help you is go to zedmix thread and download his version of mq2, its the version you need at the moment, he didnt update it so you can use it on sebilis.

i was archiving the versions of mq2 but i burned my harddisk a few days ago and lost everything, and because i have a new harddisk have a new authcode now (i cried two days;-))

thats the thread http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=29

hope thats helps you and you can mq again on sebilis;-)
greetz mr.smith
sorry for bad english, me is german

If you send me your Auth code I will add it in, I will be posting a Euro server compile in the morning. AS we get updates I will jsut move one compile back at a time to keep them rotated.

Help Please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back