• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Help me prioritize AA / Important items for my box group? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
354¢
Hi all :) Let me preface this I have the type of brain that has to be explained certain things like a child. If not, I also have to re-watch/read multiple times. I've watched SIC's new to MQ2 vids like 3 times and still haven't pulled the trigger on doing the commands lol. There is a reason I use all CWTN plug ins instead of kiss (as the .ini file looks like alien to me) I am digressing though. (At work, so I can't log in and verify some numbers, like AA)

My box is SK/CLR/MNK/ZERK/ZERK/ENC (SK is 120 with a mix of TOL t1/t2/t3 and the rest are 115 and a mix of TBL and ToL t1) I've played a monk off and on for 20 years, I've got an ok handle on them. I am a very so/so SK/Ench and never dived deep into them. Zerk and Cleric? literally don't know shit about them, the plugin is the only reason I have them.

So for monks, I have a few "must have" items I knew I had to have, and understand most of the AA. However for the rest Eh, I can make educated guesses. So I am looking for a priority w/ suggestions to AA's and maybe if you know some must have items (augs/clickies?) and how you'd utilize them for the class (with the use of CWTN) The only two I'd feel comfortable playing not on auto is obviously monk and my SK, so if it's a zerk, it has to be something I can easily incorporate with CWTN. I am missing their 2.0 (yes, I am lazy, but I do plan on getting them) Monk/SK are both mid 30k AA, 1 Zerk only has 1k earned AA outside of whatever is auto granted, 2nd Zerk has approx 6 earned outside of whatever is auto granted, Ench I think has around 10k earned outside of autogrant, but some of those were earned years ago, so not sure of total.

I am in no way utilizing this service to its fullest potential, mainly because anything outside of Microsoft Office I get uncomfortable, because my brain just isn't use to this kind of thing. So I'd like to make sure I am making the most of what I do use, which is CWTN straight out the box playing.

Thanks in advance! If these topics have been beat to death I apologize, I did search I just didn't see anything that answered my specific question in reference to my set up with ToL current.

Autogrant will take you a long ways now.

I personally just use aaspend

INI:
/plugin mq2aaspend load
/aaspend brute on
/aaspend bank 200
/aaspend order 53214
/aaspend save

For your tank, there are some tank-specific things you might want to cherry-pick early on like Combat Ability and Combat Stability as well as your Knight's Synergy.

Fortunately, autogrant gets a ton of stuff out of the way.

You should just get grinding, there are a lot of AAs and you definitely need most of them - the time you spend cherry picking you'd probably be better off just grinding =p

better off just grinding =p
Lol, I am working on it. I got help getting him to 120 which included all the Hero's and did those on my bots to get them 115. For the Zerkers/Cleric, do you think it's wise to keep them at 115 for some AA or just grind em to 120? I am currently working on mercs/parts to carry me and when my eyes bleed from those, I go camp t1 named for ore/bot armor.

So for an SK you want all of your Hp/AC AAs from the get go. Such as Armor of Wisdom, Combat Agility, Combat Stability, Delay Death, General Sturdiness, Natural Durability, Planar Power. These are Normally the first ones I max as they add some stats that we Tanks need. After you go through and look at what other Stat AAs there are Id probably say look at things that increase Riposte , your life taps and things like that. SKs have a TON of AA so its going to be a long road, but as Sic said ther new AutoGrant will give you a good majority of it all.

So for an SK
Awesome, ty. That's what've I've worked mostly on him. Unlike my zerks/cleric, he is an old toon I use to two box, so I know him a little better. I have luckily maxed general sturdiness, I figure he needed some HP for the hard hitting mobs. His CA/CS is maxed through TBL and natural durability I think is maxed through ToV now. I wasn't sure, so I did start on his synergy, its 1 tick from max with almost enough aa to max it banked

My advice....get off the Dietcoke and into some real stuff!

You are almost at greatness. It looks like a killer grp, so just need to stop fluffing about and use your 120 SK to PL the other toons to 120/max aa.

If you have MQ2Grind - then go and do some of the easier grinds.
If you don't have MQ2Grind - You can still go to GMM and get "The Darkness Howls" Mission. Its a breeze and you never have to worry about death...just getting stuck on rocks! Just kill a tonne of orcs, drop task and repeat.

You can also grind xp in zones like Howling Stones or Gorowyn and get just as much xp as TOV/COV/TOL. Always better to kill 10 easy mobs in 20 seconds, than 1 hard mob in 20 seconds.

As for your question re: which aa to get. Go with what SIC said. /aaspend brute on is your friend!

You are in luck. Clerics don't need AA's Just kidding, however, with just the autogrant AA's for a cleric you will be more than pleased. I raid mained a cleric for years on my main account and since coming here I made a new cleric of a diff account that has surpassed my other cleric basically from autogrant alone. But anything that says it affects heals is a priority for you on cleric. I really like the line that causes your single target heals to proc a group heal. I forget the name of it offhand.

I feel the same way about the zerkers. I have 3 lvl 116ish zerkers and If I had to manually play one I would be 100% bottom dps because autoattack doesn't do much.

I go a slightly different route with SK aas. Being the whole hittoheal thing is a big part, ac/avoidance/mitigation first still(armor, CA/CS) but I focus on melee DPS and spell DPS/tap focii before bothering with hp AAs. 1 rank in any of those DPS aas is easily gonna outweigh 1-200hps from the other(delay death and whatnot)

But raiding is slightly different since heals are available from many sources you just gotta live long enough to get them. In group game it's usually 1 healer so adding more and better heals yourself helps a lot. Takes a lot more rounds to die in the group game than raiding, so the hps are less important than just keeping them refilled faster.

I'm going to offer a dissenting opinion. My gear was up to date (mostly) for CoV. I did 0 AAs and upgraded no equipment until L120. With an SK led group most of ToL has been a cakewalk in my experience.

If you aren't struggling as you level, keep levelling -- the merc/parti/hero/savior/etc xp adds up so fast.

Question - Help me prioritize AA / Important items for my box group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back