• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hello. New to Redguides. First post. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
818¢
Played EQ on and off since 2000. My main, and original toon is a Gimp Monk-ey that now only plays on Test Server for the past 13'ish years, off and on. I have a live account on Tunare that I play in the bazaar with. I've had pretty consistent play time the past 4 years. I created a shaman last year, and I have access to another account that has quite a few toons on it. So on rare occasion I 3 box now. Poorly, but I've made some macros that get the slows done and the ranger firing arrows. I use 1 healer merc and 2 dps mercs when I do 3 box. Its too much work for me and I prefer to group with others and only play the monkey. I've talked with others that box and they've mentioned how much more enjoyable the game play is with assistance. So here I am. In the next month or two, I'll purchase level 2 so I can do the downloads, and start figuring things out. For now, I'm reading the level one stuff and watching video's. There's alot of information here and it seems over-whelming. I do understand the advice I've seen in the forums/video's that says take it slow, figure those things out. Then pick up something new. Rinse/repeat.

In the interim, I've started leveling up a SK, Zerker, and Bard.. that will go with the Shaman, my Monkey, and Zerker. I'll likely get the MQ2 class macros or plugins thingy once I get that far along, for the times when no one is about.

In the spirit of trying to be helpful to others... Two things I've found are this....
1 - The ice encrusted and blood-soaked items, once you are done with them, you can put them in an Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner and then sell them or give them to another character. Being on test, I put the items back in the GB for others to use. Being on Live, you can now sell your old stuff.
2 - Overseer Collection Item Dispenser. Turn those into the collection item you need. They are no drop right? HAH. Put them in an Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner. Now its tradable and you can give it to the toon that needed that one collectible item to finish up a collection. Milage on test is better when you have 8 Unattuner's to copy, but it can help finish up collections on Live. Your Milage May Vary.
That what I've got for now.

Thanks for your time and for having me along for the ride.
-Monkey Extra-Ordinaire

I've gifted you a month of level 2. Reading is fun, but trying out what you read is better for the learning experience.

So download yourself VV Level 2 Macroquest and give it a go. Try some things, check out some of the class automation and see how you like it.

Worth mentioning that the class plugins you mention are free on test server. So you're welcome to try them all at once with no additional purchase needed on your test crew.

Welcome to RedGuides!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome. Now that you have been gifted lvl 2 for a month, I suggest you start with RGMercs as well for an out of the box solution that takes minimal effort to just have it work. The plugins are free on test as CWTN said. But if you wanted another option this was work mentioning.

Have fun!

BigBangTheory_ThunderdomeWelcome.gif

i too play on test server and have for a long time if you have any questions feel free to message me! and welcome to RG! greatest eq boxing community in existence

test is best

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

As someone who just came back 2 or 3 months ago, I know exactly how you feel. I'd recommend starting slow, log in 2 chars first and use 2 mercs. See how the commands work, how to travel around, how it will assist, hotkeys, etc. Then play with more chars once you're ready. I started a thread with my problems as I had them and how i addressed each of them, hopefully its helpful as a supplement to all of the official videos and posts the Vets have made. Have fun, it's not called TodayQuest so you have plenty of time.

IRL - Hello. New to Redguides. First post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back