• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hello and Quick Newb Question (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,014¢
Glad to be a part of the community. I'm brand new to boxing and still learning. Haven't set anything up yet just really looking at the capabilities. I have a few questions.

1. I noticed in the ini files there is a list of buffs, DPS, etc. and you can fill them all out. Do you have to have all those spells memmed? Are you switching spell sets? How is that working?
2. How does Very Vanilla and KissAssist work in the sense of downloading it. I know you need to subscribe to be able to download everything, but do you need to stay subscribed to use it?

Thanks for your help.

You need a valid subscription when EQ is patched. MQ2 has to be patched so an updated version will need to be downloaded which you can only get with a subscription. EQ gets patched once a month so best to stay subscribed.

@whytdrumer
1) you can either have a [MySpells] that defines you spells.
Either write/copy them to the ini, or once kiss is running mem the spells you want, and run /writespells

2) realistically you need to be subscribed, but if cost is an issue, participating in the community is not that hard to get the 5 red cent upvotes to get a subscription per month.

@freeferli and @Dallas41 thanks for the insight. So basically after I need to subscribe monthly to really use MQ2 and KA. I can also participate in the forms to earn red cents, didn't even know that was a thing haha thanks for that. Super helpful, just trying to price this stuff out. With ISboxer being a monthly sub, this, EQ, etc. it all starts to add up. Especially if I'm not playing hours a day. Thanks for answering my questions so quickly.

Question - Hello and Quick Newb Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back