• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Hanging up on launch (1 Viewer)

durango773

Taco Giver
RedCents
17,198¢
My EQ client occasionally (ok, at least half the time) will not launch. Just goes to a black screen, then 30 seconds later get a "not responding". Normal fix is to kill the process and re-launch, however its getting very annoying with 9 accounts.
Windows 7 64 bit (yeah yeah)
16G OCZ DDR 3
INTEL 500G SSD (SATA 3) (was on a 128G crucial SSD, SATA 3, then a 500G WD HDD (SATA 2))
i7 3770
Nivida GTX 660 Ti

I know its old hardware, however i can run all 9 (once they decided to login) with 23% CPU load and 46% RAM. Is it some obscure driver? is it my HD having time lag actually launching the .exe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's a tricky one, but I think you're right looking at the HDD. Did you have the same issue on the other HDDs you tried?
Yeah, but its gone through 3 HD setups, from SSD sata 3 (port 1) to HDD sata 2 (port 3), back to SSD sata 3 (port 2). maybe I am having a bottle neck somewhere, the cpu going into "power saving" or something. Its just annoying, and yeah.. 9 accounts, but with failures.. cant use auto login, even single login, alot of pounding on the desk >.<

Tech - Hanging up on launch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back