• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Group in Range (1 Viewer)

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,437¢
Is there anything out there to alert you if one of your team or raid is out of a given range of the main force?

If not, is there any interest in such a thing other than my own personal needs?

There has been some additions to the Group TLO that make is possible to check for .AnyoneMissing, .Offline, or .OtherZone. Though I do not think any specifically check for that on raids, nor check distance parameters. Though I imagine you could use some code. Something like:

Rich (BB code):
Sub GroupDistanceStatus
	/for i ${Group.Members} downto 1
	/if (${Group.Member[${i}].ID} && ${Group.Member[${i}].Distance}>80) /echo WARNING!! ${Group.Member[${i}].CleanName} is ${Group.Member[${i}].Distance} away!
	/next i	
	/return

Sub RaidDistanceStatus
	/for i ${Raid.Members} downto 1
	/if (${Raid.Member[${i}].ID} && ${Raid.Member[${i}].Distance}>80) /echo WARNING!! ${Raid.Member[${i}].CleanName} is ${Raid.Member[${i}].Distance} away!
	/next i	
	/return

Last edited:
There has been some additions to the Group TLO that make is possible to check for .AnyoneMissing, .Offline, or .OtherZone. Though I do not think any specifically check for that on raids, nor check distance parameters. Though I imagine you could use some code. Something like:

Rich (BB code):
Sub GroupDistanceStatus
	/for i ${Group.Members} downto 1
	/if (${Group.Member[${i}].ID} && ${Group.Member[${i}].Distance}>80) /echo WARNING!! ${Group.Member[${i}].CleanName} is ${Group.Member[${i}].Distance} away!
	/next i	
	/return

Sub RaidDistanceStatus
	/for i ${Raid.Members} downto 1
	/if (${Raid.Member[${i}].ID} && ${Raid.Member[${i}].Distance}>80) /echo WARNING!! ${Raid.Member[${i}].CleanName} is ${Raid.Member[${i}].Distance} away!
	/next i	
	/return

Why are you using downto in your loops and going high low?

I was doing a quick copy and paste of a sub I use for zoning groups into an instance, and just edited it slightly to check for distance as an example. And since he asked about raid members as well....it is what poped into my head.

I was sure other folks would speak up with more ways to accomplish this if needed though.

As for downto, in this case I originally wanted the controlling toon to zone last. Seemed easiest to just count down to himself rather then make a special section for him.

Request - Group in Range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back