• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group feedback (1 Viewer)

goatmaster

RedCents
128¢
Greetings,
I took some time off but recently renewed level 2 here. The following question is for test.

I am building a new mainly caster team and I'm not looking to min/max. That said, I do want to make sure the build won't handcuff me as I progress. I expect to complete quests from eok. Have pld as bunch to the 80s and will be using conflag until gearing in TBL.

Foundation: SK and shaman/cleric
SK - 110 max as mostly T2 RoS with some baz loot from newer expansions.
Shaman or cleric - shaman is heroic and my first choice. Cleric on same account would be backup.

Choice 1: Mage mage wiz enc
Choice 2: mage mage bard (wiz rog bl)

Wiz for dmg and travel
Rog for sos drag->res->coh
Bl for more pet madness, util, buff backup if change to cleric

The only one almost set in stone is the sk as I don't want to camp augs again. I'd like at least one mage for coh. I'd like a shaman because I mained one for 15 years (but it's the same account as the sk ☹️) I suppose I could do Pal or War with my shaman as those tanks have ok gear, AAs, and augs.

Now I'm just rambling 🙃 but I'm getting closer to finalizing and would love some outside ideas. Cheers.

the holy trinity is very much alive and well. you really want a CC in there and then imo, match your dps with your CC - caster focused for enchanter, and melee focused for bard.

as i say a couple times a week when a thread like this gets posted - the most important thing is that you enjoy your group until min/maxing is more important than having fun/enjoying your team.

Also much depends on what your goals are.

since you're not looking to min/max and you are looking for caster oriented I think you're on the right track with the sk / healer mage mage wiz ench - you get a bunch of pets with mage, and utility from both wiz and mage and juice them all up with the enchanter.

if your sole purpose for the rog is sos to corpsedrag and coh - you can just PL a rogue to 105 and get 70 AA (which likely will be autogrant come next week). and keep that as a naked SoS2 corpse drag rogue account.

rogues are mostly in the "taker" category, so you really want to provide them stuff that is going to juice them up to help them reach their shine, like a bard, for example.

for an easier entry, especially where augs and gear and AAs are still needing attention, cleric is going to be a much easier time, at least getting started. I would suggest going that route out the gate.
sk, clr, ench, mage, mage, wiz(or other) would be super fun - that third slot you could mix around to see what you like best, maybe that rogue would fit with your needs, or a BL, or the wizzie - lots of vialbe options and mq2 makes it so much easier trying to get a toon caught up to your crew you can mix around as your needs change in the future.

Thanks for the reply--i have read many threads with this type of question and I appreciate your patience.

I think my heart wanted a shaman and my head was partial to cleric and enc. I had fun in the past with SK, Cler, Mage, Enc, Wiz, BL. BL mainly for ghetto shaman buffs as don't have a leveled shaman on the right account for a buffbot.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply--i have read many threads with this type of question and I appreciate your patience.

I think my heart wanted a shaman and my head was partial to cleric and enc. I had fun in the past with SK, Cler, Mage, Enc, Wiz, BL. BL mainly for ghetto shaman buffs as don't have a leveled shaman on the right account for a buffbot.

Cheers
shammies are definitely capable solo healers in the modern era - but since you're just back to the game, and not aug'd or AA'd or trying to min/max dps/adps, plus likely don't have the Rez Stick for your shammie - the clr is just going to be a little easier to get your footing with.

shammies are definitely capable solo healers in the modern era - but since you're just back to the game, and not aug'd or AA'd or trying to min/max dps/adps, plus likely don't have the Rez Stick for your shammie - the clr is just going to be a little easier to get your footing with.
It definitely would get me questing sooner. Sk cler enc wiz are ready to go and mage bl are 82 ish (with no gear).

Poor shaman will have to wait for me to do a side project to do last quest in cresta 😁

My group at the moment is SK, bard, shaman and Necro. Then melee and caster mercs. The shaman has kept me alive through every encounter so far and he is only 114 with low AA. Named mobs in KD, multi pulls before mortal coil and much more. I used to be nervous and keep a healer merc up just in case but mq2shaman does an amazing job. The bard is using kissassist and I had him locking down like 12 wolves on the restless assault mission while the group picked them off one by one.

Question - Group feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back