• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group Comp (1 Viewer)

matthew8732

RedCents
707¢
Hey guys.. I just returned to the game and I'm looking to completely overhaul my groups composition.. I'm running a Nec/Wiz/Brd/Rng/SK group on the test server with ISBoxer. I normally drive on the Necro but I don't enjoy playing the class at all. I've been leveling my Wizard and SK but I've been leaning more towards switching the SK for a warrior.

I'm going to be buying a few raidcopies and I want to maximize my group's damage output (and not run 5 mages). This is what I had so far.

(1) - Warrior/SK - (Should I just keep the SK? I like Warriors because they just have so many more discs and I have more fun playing it than a knight.)
(2) - Clr/Sham - (I already have a geared 100 Cleric, but I want something that does more than just heals.. or should i sub this spot for a dps and use a healing merc?)
(3) - Brd/Ench - (I feel like an Enchanter would be more fun and I'd get more out of it, would it be worth trading out the Bard even though I want to have a melee DPS?)
(4) - Rog/Bers/Mnk - (Really leaning towards a Rogue for this spot, even though they don't bring as much to the table as a Monk I've always loved the class and I'd have more fun on a rogue)
(5) - Wiz/Nec/Rng - (My wizard isn't nearly as geared as the rest of my chars but he does pretty numbers especially when using his AA's.. The Necro has a TON of utility and is good for pulling, but I figure with a War/Sham I wont have to be single pulling things.. The ranger brings headshot to my group so that's always a plus as well.)

Depending on what I'm doing even now I switch spots out here and there.. But I'm looking to switch up some of my core people.

1. I find Warrior is better in overall tanking ability, though SK has utility. Out of the two I find the warrior boxes better and tanks 'easier' in current content with less work for gear.

2. I'd go shaman here, especially if you go warrior. The extra HP buffs that you can't get from a cleric merc, extra dots for dps, the slow procs/and slow based heals.

3. Enchanter hands down for me. They are the kings of mezzing, and probably the best puller in the game at the moment. Sure bards can get singles easier.. but if you have a chanter and a warrior? Why pull singles. Not to mention their debuffs/cripples make named mobs into babies, and IoG will turn number 5 into a machine.

4. I'd also lean to rogue here of those 3. Why? Berserker needs beastlord, bard, ranger and shaman just to compete dps wise. Sure he has decap, but that's about it. Monk is great, and a powerful puller. His self mend etc will make him very nice on heavy AE named.. but over all the SoS ablity to move around dragging corpses, and even dragging your characters somewhere and ressing them with a cleric merc makes insertion into hard to get areas very easy. DPS is not bad at all, even with just chanter buffs (shaman is gonna help here too).

5. Wizard hands down (especially if you go with chanter.) I am currently running Paladin, Cleric, Wizard, Wizard, Chanter, and Wizard. Things just disappear. IoG, and Gift of Chromatic Haze turn wizards into monsters DPS wise.

Question - Group Comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back