• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Gribble HA Help (1 Viewer)

Oath

RedCents
80¢
Hey Guys,
My very first experience with the RedGuide's launcher and this type of boxing. I just came back and am using my 110 SK with a group of 85 Heroic chars. I'd like to go and do Gribble HAs with them. Is there a macro or anything I should be using to do this with greater ease? I've watched the getting started videos as well as a few of Sic's videos, which I think are quite a bit more advanced than I currently am. Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thank you!

One option:

Into the Hills - All Tanks (2014) by william12. Been years since I ran this, but you'll need to read the instructions and adjust this macro's settings for your tank and it will auto-run gribbles #1 assuming your tank can handle 3-5 mobs at once, or you've setup an assist mezzer of the right level.

Gribbles beyond lvl 100 may not be as fast as mass killing green cons in an open zone with the SK.

If your SK has a decent amount of AA and decent gear you might want to do all 9 HA and just cycle through them. No wait time and good exp for the 85s. Exp will be decent enough up to about 105. Sure there might be faster ways but the currency will get you gear and augs for the crew and if you kill the nameds even more gear.

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the info. I'll try this stuff out! My SK is "eh" geared at the moment. He's currently 110 and in mostly ToV1 era stuff with no augs. Sitting around 175k life and 5016AC with 17.8k AA. Working my way up. What area would be recommended to swarm greens in? Thank you!

With over 40 HA to choose from and 2 new bonus ones each day that does seem like a good way to go. I like doing the level based daily kill 5 and then I stay in that zone since the bonus exp is still there even with out the bonus task. Just take the level 95 one and you will be swarming greens but still getting exp for your 85's.

Then again you could focus on putting some augs on him....its like he is nekked

If your SK has a decent amount of AA and decent gear you might want to do all 9 HA and just cycle through them. Sure there might be faster ways but the currency will get you gear and augs for the crew and if you kill the nameds even more gear.
I’m glad you brought this up, because I have been holding back buying gear because I can’t seem to decide on this TBM gear. Which is better? I have my sk in TBM and I feel like I gave up a lot to gain Ac

I tried my hand at some swarming in the 95 hot zone.. it went... okay. SK is currently at 185k life and 4500 ac. I have scoured the Baz for any and all pieces with 6K+ life on them and cannot bump it any higher than what it is I feel. If anyone has a good guide on where I should be farming for augs, I'd appreciate it! Preferrably non-prestige but either work!

I tried my hand at some swarming in the 95 hot zone.. it went... okay. SK is currently at 185k life and 4500 ac. I have scoured the Baz for any and all pieces with 6K+ life on them and cannot bump it any higher than what it is I feel. If anyone has a good guide on where I should be farming for augs, I'd appreciate it! Preferrably non-prestige but either work!
If you haven’t done so yet do the house of Thule quests for A.C. augs

I don't know a lot about SK's but boxing the old way, I haven't installed any boxing software yet but I am going to soon, using my Paladin who is 110 with ToV pally weapon and a full set of visible ToV T1 armor, all augs are 105 and lower, I am able to tank the gribble trio and get all 3 in one LoTD. When there are a lot of undead it is super easy and I have 2-4 mins to spare, but usually I have 1 min to spare. That being said as an SK in the same gear you should have it much easier than me. If I ended up with more than 3 at a time it gets dicey. As for swarm killing it sure is impressive to watch. I had a 115 SK run my mage through 3 x Gribble and 1 x the troll guy and we ended with 6 mins left on the LoTD. I was drooling. I guess it really depends on your mindset. I like HA's because if I die it is my fault and I don't have to worry about someone training me on "accident." I like the option of doing stuff that will gear up your other toons in the process as well. Plus you might want to think about doing progression tasks to get access to other zones.

Necrotizing thread for a question related...any idea why my 87s didn't get but 3% xp with the 50% bonus and LoTd running? I campfired them in at the end and gated the high levels out before last 2 hails, and got 4-5 aas on the higher toons(they were there to set the campfire) after campfiring them back in out of curiosity. Do they have to be in the zone while there are still mobs up, at least some to get the big xp or did something get nerfed with large level spreads? Can't find anything anywhere about this.

HA require all toons to be in the zone from start to finish, each section of the quest completed gives the money/experience, its all banked up until the end. so when you do the final hail, it sees how many of the quest parts you were eligable f or and gives the experience based on that. Next time you do one, lets say "into the hills" and the first part is kill 10 mobs, watch as you kill the 10th, it will say something like "you have earned extra currency and experiance" Its not shared exp, your high level toons wont take away any from the lower levels. just have everyone in zone, start to finish.

HA require all toons to be in the zone from start to finish, each section of the quest completed gives the money/experience, its all banked up until the end. so when you do the final hail, it sees how many of the quest parts you were eligable f or and gives the experience based on that. Next time you do one, lets say "into the hills" and the first part is kill 10 mobs, watch as you kill the 10th, it will say something like "you have earned extra currency and experiance" Its not shared exp, your high level toons wont take away any from the lower levels. just have everyone in zone, start to finish.
so that's why someone told me to do all but 1 of each step then bringem in (to extend lotd) but since each step doesn't open til first is completed I figured he meant the extra mob from each step. In theory they could come in for last part of each step but that would be a lot of zoning in and out lol. I've heard or read this at some point, but all I could find tonight when searching was that the bulk of xp was at the end, not from killing mobs, so it kinda erased the memory.

easiest way is to keep them in and not use LOTD till righ befor the hail on the first one(i do 3 first then 1 then 2). right before you hail, you do LOTD. then hurrry and hail, then leave and run the next 2. i can do all 3 in 22 mins so i use LOTD from the start but my necro just tears that crap up

Question - Gribble HA Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back