• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The results are in, 🎆🎉🎆 congratulations 🎆🎉🎆 to all the authors in the 3rd Annual "EverQuest Software Awards"!

General Visual Studio & MQ2 questions (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
57,189¢
Random Visual Studio & MQ questions

I'm trying to keep clutter down, so this thread is for random visual studio and macroquest questions.

If you posted a thread asking a question about general MQ2 usage or visual studio, it has been merged with this thread.

Last edited:

Jumjum5

RedCents
Visual Studio.Net?

Where can i get a copy of Visual Studio.Net? I can't find it and its getting annoying....please help

Zedmix

RedCents
Re: Visual Studio.Net?

heh you don't need it bud.

pm me or post your auth codes... see my other thread if you dont know how to do this

Last edited:

smith5john

RedCents
ini change?

macroquest
i get an error msg, wrong client?
how can i modify the ini-file to make it work?
also it could make problems that i play on kael drakkel (german) so my client version maybe differs from original one.
i would die for getting this macroquest to run!! anybody any suggestions?
please help :) :)

greetz mr.smith

and thanks to zedmix for including my authcode !!!

Zedmix

RedCents
Re: ini change?

i don't know much about the euro servers.

question for you...

what was the date of the last patch?

i am recompiling it now with clientoverride set to on... if euro and us servers are on the same patch it should work after i reupload..

ok should work now!

Last edited:

Jumjum5

RedCents
macro question

How do i stop a macro when it is in the middle of doing something? I tried /mqpause but that didn't work and I can't figure it out hehe plz help....

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
57,189¢
Re: macro question

If you're putting the pause in the script, you need:

/delay 10s

Will delay for 10 seconds. 10m would delay for 10 minutes.

If you want to pause the macro manually, you type
/mqpause on
and to start it again,
/mqpause off

If you want the macro to stop, you type
/end

Favlin

RedCents
MICROSOFT Visual Studio .Net

Hi guys,
this is my first post along with my first day as a member of the site. I'm very excited to try and use some of these macros and offsets, but unfortunately I am a PC idiot. My question is this; it appears from reading the information that I will require Microsoft visual studio, a version between 6.0 and .net. I was looking at the prices for the software and it's pretty hefty ranging from $500 to $300. I am also seening a version that is around $99 this is called MICROSOFT Visual Studio .Net Professional 2003 ACADEMIC. Is this some kind of an upgrade or will this version work? Although I would love to use these macros I don't know if I will be able to shell out that much money for Visual Studio software. I was also curious on why so many of you have the software did you all buy it just to run these macros or are you all PC group gurus that actually use this complicated software? Well if anybody can help me with my visual studio dilemma it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Favlin :o

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
714¢
Re: MICROSOFT Visual Studio .Net

That is a good price for the acedemic version, in which in order to purchase it you must show proof that you are a student. Although why waste your money. Zedmix the compiler life saver can help you via a previous thread called "Macroquest2 Compiling help for newbies". Check it out and all your answers will be given. :cool:

Favlin

RedCents

Hi Zedmix and Alatami,
Thank you both for responding to my question and giving me a path for resolving my dilemma with a Visual Studio purchase. Alatami you said that I needed proof of being a student, is that to buy the software or when you register the software? I ask because I found the software for sale on eBay for $99. Even though I don't need it now with Zedmix's help it sounds like the software could be a pretty cool thing to play around with and learn about.

Zedmix I got your link and have posted my authorization codes in your newbie form thread. Thank you for taking the time to help me out I hope I can return the favor someday.
Thanks again to both of you,

Favlin

RedCents

Redbot said:
Somebody also posted this, which I haven't used so I can't tell you all that much about it:

https://msdn.demoservers.com/

But apparently you sign up there for free to get access to the lab.
Hi Redbot,
thank you very much for the post and for taking some time out of your day to assist me. I just want you to know that I did sign up for the lab and was able to access an online version of video studios. The way it is set up it is almost like you are using somebody else's PC. You have my computer my documents and all the normal stuff that you would find on your desktop. But I could not find a way to import files that I had on my PC to the lab PC. They're very well could be a way to do this but I could not figure it out. By the way once you register and download you have three hours to play around with visual Studios software.
Thanks again,

justsomeguy

RedCents
macroquest

Can anyone explain to me what this is? And also what it does. Really need the bunch of aa's hehe. Also where u download it, i found Red's link but it says its inactive or whatever.

Last edited:

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
57,189¢
Random Visual Studio & MQ questions

I'm trying to keep clutter down, so this thread is for random visual studio questions. Enjoy!

KOKKOR

RedCents
Macroquest2.exe Update

I'm using a december 2004 macroquest2.exe version
I noticed on mq2 website that last update is january 2005
do i have to download this latest macroquest zip file?
if YES, do you have to re-compile all stuff for me after file update and will the macro folder in the Released one be changed?
I mean, will i have to download again the macros i already caught on guides/threads ?

sorry to bother you all with such silly questions but i m learning ;)

THKS so much for wonderful job you re doing :) :)

eqlover

RedCents
Re: Macroquest2.exe Update

They update MQ2 all the time. The only time you HAVE to download it again is when there is a patch.

If your version is working there is really no reason to download it again until after a patch.

KOKKOR

RedCents
Re: Macroquest2.exe Update

eqlover said:
They update MQ2 all the time. The only time you HAVE to download it again is when there is a patch.

If your version is working there is really no reason to download it again until after a patch.

THKS SOOOO MUCH FOR RESPONDING
as mq2 is running correctly i ll just wait for next patch

You all cool :cool:

power

RedCents
what program

Whats the program i need to buy to add all this code to, to beable to make the all these things work? Im kinda new at all this. any help would be great

thanks

Koneman

RedCents
Re: what program

ok he's a quick few steps

1. find what you want to use

2 copy and paste to notebook

3 save as whatever type of file it needs to be ie.. .mac, .inc, .ini
(its real important you get that right)

4 move to macro folder

josh121590

RedCents
Visual Studio Question

So I was trying to get started on macroquest2 and i was reading through all the guides and such we have here. I noticed that the only free usage one was the one you do through a Microsoft server which takes forever. Is there a free trial or ANYTHING that can just go on your computer directly to do these macros?

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
Re: Visual Studio Question

look at the compiling mq for free guide, all for free and you download it to your computer

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
714¢
Has anyone tried to use the Visual Studio.NET 2005 Beta to compile MQ2? You can download it free off of the Microsoft site and it is full version, the catch is that you have to download the install files separately for C, J, Basic, and etc.

e7ffort

RedCents
If Visual Studio.net is not needed then why is in the instuctions for compiling MQ2? Redguides needs to have an EASY way to compile MQ2. We shouldn't have to go through all this hassle considering that he advertises that you WILL be able to see mobs once you buy his product.
That is an out right lie and misleading.
And if you email Reduides.com for help he turns out to be an ass!!

Last edited:

Siddin

Rikk-tikk-tikki-tikki-tchk!
RedCents
454¢
because the mq2 developers based it on .net although they do put in code to help visual C++ 6.0 to work, but they do not garuntee results. in fact they're still undecided on whether to drop c++6.0 support so that the code will run smoother.

Siddin

RedCents
454¢
Alatyami said:
Has anyone tried to use the Visual Studio.NET 2005 Beta to compile MQ2? You can download it free off of the Microsoft site and it is full version, the catch is that you have to download the install files separately for C, J, Basic, and etc.
yes, on the macroquest boards there is 1 thread about it, although there are many reconfigurations that you need to do if you feel up to it.

thargon

RedCents
Redbot needs to have an EASY way to compile MQ2. We shouldn't have to go through all this hassle considering that he advertises that you will be able to do the things once you buy his product.*quote*what ever the problem our goal is to help you .Even if you,d never been able to get it to work before ,were confident we can show you how *nice having stickys but with the post added to it make it very confusing as if it works or does`t off set this off set that .What new whats old ? Most of the responce i have read seem to be the same we all looking to get this working so we can get what we paid. Most replies are from the same peeps .
Unhappy customer:(

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
57,189¢
thargon said:
Redbot needs to have an EASY way to compile MQ2.
I don't think you can get much easier than Zedmix and Siddin's threads. There has yet to be a single user who has not been able to get MQ2 working after reading the first post in those threads.

You don't need expensive programs. You don't need any sort of technical or even basic computer knowledge.

The real problem in my opinion is that most new users feel intimidated by all of these wacky plugins, macros, and generally scary looking lines of code. Some are so overwhelmed by the info here that they miss those important threads by zedmix and sid.

The thing is, nobody here has to understand what those lines of code mean. They just have to be able to copy & paste.

If you have an idea what we can do to make the initial experience of this place less threatening, and point out the newbie threads to newbies, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

Siddin

RedCents
454¢
as a plus side, try not to look at the detour trampoline code lol its one hell of a headache even for me and i'm trying to learn how to make plugins with it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)