• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - FTP characters (1 Viewer)

RedCents
994¢
Good Morning Everyone.

After getting my first official suspension, I have been looking into a FTP char to pass the time. I'm thinking of keeping it as a bot for my main Chanter/Mage team after I get those accounts back.

What would you all suggest as a good FTP class to fit with that team? I don't really ever plan on subbing it, as it's just a time filler class...

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Jarlentor

if you are boxing only 2 so far, I would probably go for shaman. My guess is, even as an ftp he will heal better than any merc. And as you can have 3 toons plus merc in a group, depend on the content he could bring a cleric- or a dps merc to the team.

if you are boxing only 2 so far, I would probably go for shaman. My guess is, even as an ftp he will heal better than any merc. And as you can have 3 toons plus merc in a group, depend on the content he could bring a cleric- or a dps merc to the team.
I'd roll a wizard just for cheap thrills. Plus it gets you some port and evac abilities.

Ah! ok... thanks... I'll look into a shaman and wiz.... I tried a monk just through the tutorial... but kinda worried that later he will become too AA dependant to be viable as ftp

Good Morning Everyone.

After getting my first official suspension, I have been looking into a FTP char to pass the time. I'm thinking of keeping it as a bot for my main Chanter/Mage team after I get those accounts back.

What would you all suggest as a good FTP class to fit with that team? I don't really ever plan on subbing it, as it's just a time filler class...

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Jarlentor

You can never go wrong adding a member to the holy trinity. You have CC with your enchanter so maybe add a Pally or SK tank, or Cleric or Shammy as a healer.

Just some random thoughts.

Be well. Happy gaming.

I would level up a full sixbox while your main team is suspended.

All classes work really well without AA until 80ish.

Edit: You would build this team around the classes you want to complement your mains with. And a few FTP wizards/druids bound at hard to reach places (for teleport bind) are a real time safer.

Last edited:
I would level up a full sixbox while your main team is suspended.

All classes work really well without AA until 80ish.

Edit: You would build this team around the classes you want to complement your mains with. And a few FTP wizards/druids bound at hard to reach places (for teleport bind) are a real time safer.
Dude! I hadn't even thought of the hard to reach bind points!!! thanks for that one!!!!

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Jarlentor

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Jarlentor
Cleric for heals so you can double or triple up on wiz mercs

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Jarlentor
Mind If I ask what server you were active on - is that allowed?

Question - FTP characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back