• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

FREE EXP in DoN mission (1 Viewer)

eqlover

RedCents
I found a pretty cool trick in a DoN mission where you need to collect 15 teeth. There are eggs scattered all througout the zone. You only have to target the egg and do /open and you get 2% AA EXP at level 70. The mission is given out by the Dwarf in the good camp in Lavastorm, Boldger Bristlebeard (Missions). Name of the mission is Grounding The Drakes. You can get this mission with Appreh faction. You need at leaste 3 people in your party.

Of course you have to be next to the egg to open it. And you can get hit pretty bad, but I was able to get a little over a full AA for my WAR on all the eggs that were in one misson.

There are a few things to remember. The zone in does not seem to be safe. Though I was able to find a safe spot to /warp to. Safe point loc -425.08 -681.14 -20.89.

So, get the mission, zone in, /warp loc -425.08 -681.14 -20.89. I made 4 buttons:

/target egg
/warp target
/open
/warp loc -425.08 -681.14 -20.89

Rinse / Repeat

Only thing is the party does not get EXP, because of distance. Only the person opening the egg. My WAR did die once, toward the end when he only had one egg left. I used the WAR cause he had the best AC, and HP. Like I said you can get beat on and die. Just have to be quick with the buttons. I have enough chars to bot to get the mission and dont care if the other characters get EXP or not. Also, not much see's invis, so if you invis before you warp to each egg, may help agro, though /open does drop invis.

Edit: Verified this still works. My druid gets killed about once per mission, just takes the server so long to know I warped away from the mobs, haha. And he just does not have that many hit points, and those suckers hit hard. Though I get way more EXP than I loose, so no big deal. Good thing I have a Necro and Cleric in the bot party. I can summon corpse and res and continue to /open.

Last edited:
Suspended pending investigation for this.. was non-stop, made a good 100 AAs since this was posted, lot of good those will do me now. Not only is the account I was doing it on suspended, the 2 accounts I was using to piggy into the missions were suspended - I have not been banned yet, just 'suspended' but I bet it will end up in being banned.

I had GM check on the whole time, a GM was never in the instance, but did show up at lava storm and watched who was requesting the mission over and over (with no GM tag)

It is pretty damn obvious when you are abusing this. Someone sits in lava requesting the mission over and over and someone sits in broodlands going in and out of the same tunnel. So damn easy for them to catch.

Listen or don't - I need to find a excuse to appeal this (edit: Does anyone have any advice on what to say in my appeal? Like I said the GM NEVER came into the instance so they could not have saw the warping. I tried saying that I was running from the eggs but she claimed their logs showed me gaining 19 exp gains from the eggs every 4 minutes, which would be impossible running through it... Any way out of this? 1 account would be fine but damn to lose all 3...)

Last edited:
Well, you could tell them you are going to get the ACLU involved, that seems to scare the bejezzus out of every corporation in this country.
Seriously though, thats a rough situation. Sux if they are watching out exp gains serverside. Wonder if you were petitioned?

If you have no prior offenses, call SOE. Talk to them about it. Admit you were using it and tell them you won't do it again. Very likely you will get your account back.

Also..if it was just suspended, then call and tell them you want to know when it will be reactivated. If it's a period longer than 30 days, cancel your account until it's reactivated and say nothing more.

you could always say that there was a bard at the entrance that was willing to give you bardspeed every time you came out. all you needed to do was invite him and he'd do it.

So, we can learn from this, if we use a macro, have it pause say, 5 min between eggs?

I am sure these will be nerfed after next patch.

i might suggest they are not looking at how quickly you got exp but how many times you requested mission and how quickly it was done. if you did the mission say at the beggining of the night once then moved on to bot or whatever and came back several hours later and did another mission. there is nothing there to trigger suspicion.

as far as nerfing it other than dropping th mission entirely or putting alot of super hard hitting mobs around eggs i don't really see how they can nerf it.

now my question is do you succeed at these missions and get crystals? there has to be a way to succeed at these missions quickly and get a ton of crystals.

personally i have reached the point where i worked hard spent years getting 65, but with no guild and just a casual player i will not see any real progression anytime soon, so if they ban me i could care less, i will go to world of war craft where i can solo content and see advancement i can solo quests and get incredible armor or goof off with my brothers in law. the time sink that is everquest is quickly losing its luster.

The missions Children of Gimblax is what i used to farm over 1k crystals in one day. You must do at least the first 3 set of tasks and have the faction to get the mission. Dilar gives the mission out. Theres a 25minute reset time on the zone. You must have 5 people to grab the instance and Gimblax hits for shit. Just zone in, warp Gimblax, kill, and you get completed message with 33 crystals banked and a faction stone. in the mean time between missions i worked on tasks. Got everything i wanted from DoN for my cleric in a day.

Re: to anyone who took advantage of this beware

It seems people linked to using the "egg exploit" are being slowly tracked down.

I logged in today (march 23) long after the exploit.
and i have been banned, permanently.
all active characters deleted.
i think we all know the risk...but assume it wont happen.

heres a section from the email:
Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to modify character interactions with NPCs. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to permanently close your account.

im not sure laying low can help either...since i was banned during the night when i was offline.

i was very careful..so was i just unlucky? reported?

who knows,
so ends my EQ career :cool:

Re: to anyone who took advantage of this beware

sorry that you've been banned :( but there's always a silver lining. you now have the legal right to harass them about your account constantly *cackle* including making them show you proof that you were doing such a thing, and if they say that they don't need to you can threaten to take them to court on it.
But, since you've already been banned you could always state that all you did was make it so that certain memmory addresses on your computer would be stuck to one and only one value and that you set it that way before you started to run everquest. it is unfortunate that they had decided to use that memory space as it had already been written to and manually configured to only hold that certain byte(s) of information

Last edited:
Sorry barcode.

However, I thank you for reporting to us what happened. I'm sure you've saved someone else's account.

Two of my accounts and two friends accounts i know using the egg exploit were banned permenatly last night. I know a lot more people that used it more than the few of us that are still active so I'll see what goes from there.

They've been logging the information sadly, and I am afraid they will get everyone who massively abused this (ala the 100+ AAs) -- All though my main account is still suspended from this, I haven't been permanently banned yet. This was before it went all out hard-core though. Since my follow up, I have not had any contact with 1 single GM so it's getting hard to get consistent information but I do know that they have the exact amount of AA's I gained per minute, over how long of a duration, with which characters in the expidition/group, who requested it, and so on. I had no idea their logging abilities were so extensive.

3 guildies apparently have been banned, I have a feel more will follow. One of the people banned from my guild was one of the 'server favorites' - the cleric everyone liked, the GMs liked, provided a ton to the community.. no difference, banned.

I can only hope I get unsuspended and they don't change their minds.

Has anyone else been recently banned for this? was going to try it tonight but with all these people getting banned... seems alot more dangerous than most things we do with MQ2.

Dont try it this thing has been nerfed and I assume is still being watched. This post and the ones about the chest in Stillmoon should be moved to nerf section.

FREE EXP in DoN mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back