• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Frame limiter - particle effects after in background a while (1 Viewer)

RedCents
552¢
Hey all,

Been dealing with this for a while now. I have my chars using MQNext FPS limiter. Most are set to enable limiter in background, and not to render game scene, i.e.,
1664667114855.png

What I have noticed is that when I tab back to the character(s) it takes several seconds to start to show redraws. Wouldn't normally be a problem, but it seems when they get this way (way behind, lots of particle effects) they start to act strangely - lagging, not following well, etc.

Anyone else noticing this, or am I on my own?

Attachments

• 1664667094989.png
    1664667094989.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
@brainiac can elaborate more, but those particle effects get "queued" by eq, and get processed when brought back
K, thanks. Make sense. When I switch to them its always a spectacle of lights for a few seconds until they catch up. Will either turn off particles as suggested, or try having them draw frames in the background at something like 1fps to see if that keeps them clear.

Update: With the background set to ~1fps the problem is gone. Thanks for the tip Sic.

Last edited:
Question - Frame limiter - particle effects after in background a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back