• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Frame Limiter and Or Optimization Help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
89¢
I have a decent computer. It can run modern first person shooter games on max settings at 100+ Frames per second.

For some reason when I box EQ, my computer is nearly useless. Can barely load a website in chrome. I had turned down the EQ display options significantly and it helped slightly. Then I discovered the frame limiter. That too has helped some, but it's still pretty bad.

In Sic's video on the frame limiter, his characters were using maybe 2% of CPU and running at 60 fps in simulated.

Mine is almost 20% cpu and only running 30-40 fps in simulated. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

• Picture1a.png
    Picture1a.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 37
I have a decent computer. It can run modern first person shooter games on max settings at 100+ Frames per second.

For some reason when I box EQ, my computer is nearly useless. Can barely load a website in chrome. I had turned down the EQ display options significantly and it helped slightly. Then I discovered the frame limiter. That too has helped some, but it's still pretty bad.

In Sic's video on the frame limiter, his characters were using maybe 2% of CPU and running at 60 fps in simulated.

Mine is almost 20% cpu and only running 30-40 fps in simulated. Any ideas or suggestions?
well this is your foreground toon - that isn't being limited - so that is expected to have a higher than frame-limited impact on performance (20 is a bit high but not broken high)

btw, you can just control-click on that slider bar and type in a value

huge performance impacts that folks forget/overlook

eqclient settings - turning off things you don't need/want
logging - log off
file scanning / sycning (antivirus/defender/one-drive etc) - it is often suggested to consider white listing those for your eq and mq drives

Problem - Frame Limiter and Or Optimization Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back