• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Forum editor removes lines/returns when I delete a character (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,347¢
Hello team,

When editing posts/replies, anytime I <backspace> a character, it removes all of the extra lines in my post. <del> does not do this. I understand eliminating doubled CR/LF, however its removing singles, which makes it super difficult and frustrating to put a blank line between paragraphs. Is there a setting you can point me to to fix this?

Thanks!

I'm not clear on the problem you're having.

Can you explain how I could replicate it?

Froala is our editor on the forums.

Last edited:
Type some test words then hit shift-enter for a new line, hit shift-enter again to start a 2nd new line, leaving a blank line above.... type a word, hit backspace. blank line will disappear.

Why shift-enter? Facebook and Twitter make us do it... its now hard coded in my muscle memory and I can't stahp!!!

Type some test words then hit shift-enter for a new line, hit shift-enter again to start a 2nd new line, leaving a blank line above.... type a word, hit backspace. blank line will disappear.

Why shift-enter? Facebook and Twitter make us do it... its now hard coded in my muscle memory and I can't stahp!!!
I get this issue a lot on my phone without shift enter

Sometimes pressing enter doesn't also move my cursor, just adds a space afterwards (also assumed my browser)

I have another forum that i've been posting in over the last few weeks that is xenforo (a chevy tahoe forum because i bought a police suv at auction for dirt cheap), and i have the same issue there

Question - Forum editor removes lines/returns when I delete a character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back