• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Following in lev/water (1 Viewer)

Stay_Classy

RedCents
221¢
I'm sure there's threads on this already, but I can't find them. I use a combo of CWTN and KISS ini... What are people using to have your group follow through levitate or water without pathing to the lowest possible point all the time? I've seen some people boxing 36-54 running through zones with their toons all on the same horizontal plane, but I can't figure out how.

I'm sure there's threads on this already, but I can't find them. I use a combo of CWTN and KISS ini... What are people using to have your group follow through levitate or water without pathing to the lowest possible point all the time? I've seen some people boxing 36-54 running through zones with their toons all on the same horizontal plane, but I can't figure out how.
I prefer stick for situations like that. Just works better than nav for me personally. Add uw to the command and it will keep the same vertical height as best as possible, I use /stick behind 7 uw - I am sure there are better ways but this works fine for me.

i use chasemode (mq2nav) exclusively.

the issue under water usually happens when you have a bad mesh - if you have a mesh with layers above and below you - you can run into issues where mq2nav picks what it thinks is the best route, but that might be a different route than you think. There are spots in regular non-lev non-underwater place this can happen because how dbg coded the spot - if you've ever seen your down spaz in pace recalculating as it goes - this is because there are layers right on top of each other / overlapping.

places like certain spots in cobalt scar you will be (as far as nav is concerned) floating in between two mesh layers, and based on how it determines where to go, it may decide the layer above you is the best route to take.

you can combat this by editing your mesh - either adding weight to areas or marking areas off etc

i use chasemode (mq2nav) exclusively.

the issue under water usually happens when you have a bad mesh - if you have a mesh with layers above and below you - you can run into issues where mq2nav picks what it thinks is the best route, but that might be a different route than you think. There are spots in regular non-lev non-underwater place this can happen because how dbg coded the spot - if you've ever seen your down spaz in pace recalculating as it goes - this is because there are layers right on top of each other / overlapping.

places like certain spots in cobalt scar you will be (as far as nav is concerned) floating in between two mesh layers, and based on how it determines where to go, it may decide the layer above you is the best route to take.

you can combat this by editing your mesh - either adding weight to areas or marking areas off etc
that makes sense, thank you Sic

Question - Following in lev/water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back