• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - first week... experience of VV/MQ2 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,666¢
Here we are, just over a week since I started using RedGuides VeryVanilla MQ2 for the first time.

Just wished to post this here, to acknowledge the effort that has gone into creating this software suite for people to use. A nod also to the community that is helping each other on this forum. Great job guys, I'm impressed.

My thoughts looking back.
Prior to diving in, I did plenty of reading the forums, watching the videos and this gave a solid foundation to start from.

With regards the videos, this (here) set of videos from RedGuides are short yet essential viewing to anyone looking to get involved with VV MQ2. The videos are short, and cover the essentials. Installing the software, setting up your multiple accounts & characters to login, commanding your characters from one window, the fun features of navigation and find on (on autopilot!), and finally the use of the buff & combat code that is 'kissassist'. I can't underline it enough. Watch the videos, then recreate them as you install and setup things for yourself.

The videos touched on a script, which the community refer to as macros. This particular is 'kissassist'. There is no requirement to open the file and study the code. Version 11 (current) is over 12,000 lines with the new release (version 12, in beta) pushes that over 14,000. We just safely say, this macro will get your characters doing all the things you would do. Buffing, pulling, mezzing, fighting & healing. It will help bring a boxed duo, trio and more, from being a group to a team.

I'll touch that again. There is functionality here that goes beyond "a character" doing it's own thing, but working as part of a group doing that typical group role, and they do it well.

KissAssist is supported by a series of per character configuration files. In simple terms, this is where you detail which spells the character will have loaded. Which buffs it will cast, what spells it will use in combat etc. The videos look at this, and also show a library that can 'copy / paste' from to get you going quickly. After a short while, it will become familiar. You will be able to edit these yourself, and "upgrade" the spell lines as you scribe something new to your books. E.g. a better heal, a better hp buff, a new haste spell etc.

Then there are the extensions to the MQ2 software, referenced as plugins. Some get talked about in the videos. There is the navigation stuff that is both great to use and fun to watch. Yet one that stands out for me is called 'MQ2Cleric'. It works with and similar goals to KissAssist, but for the cleric and takes it to another level. Out of the box as they say, the only thing you need to worry about is buying spells and getting gear. There are configuration things you can tinker with, but you don't need to. This is working beautifully for me, significantly more so than any healer mercenary could.

Controlling the group, and getting things to work how you would expect takes a bit of time and a pinch on patience.
In this, you will experience how to move the group together, and then instruct where you want to camp. If you're pulling manually or delegated that to a box character, the others in group will wait and react upon the mobs return.
Thankfully, there are lots of information in the forums, and also some more videos by a guy called, Sic, who goes to great lengths to help get things going.

As I wrote at the start, this is a week I've been trying things out and experiencing what it can do.
I have a small group ( tank, healer, dps and cc ) working their magic. grinding out that exp, picking up the loots - and I'm impressed.

Great job guys.

If you're reading this and new, get involved. In a short time (hours? days?) you'll be having the same feeling of satisfaction and fun as I am.

Regards and Best Wishes

Welcome =D Glad you're enjoying VeryVanilla, we're luck to have you with us

Glad you've enjoyed using MQ2Cleric, it's been a labor of love for me and Sic to create it, and soon we'll have a video and some of the questions that may or may not have been asked about it answered.
Like my other MQ2ClassNameHere plugins, it will get charged for once it's no longer in a beta status. If you've enjoyed the cleric, keep in mind that I also have MQ2Berzerker, MQ2Rogue, MQ2War, MQ2Monk, MQ2Eskay, and MQ2Bst which are currently available for purchase. The license for each of those is $20, and the license lasts 1 year at a time. If you happen to be on the test server, then all of my plugins are free, and while not explicitly supported, we do know that they at least build for EMU servers. Weather or not they work as intended on an EMU server is anyones guess Lol.

Other classes are being worked on constantly. You're welcome to follow along with the development of class plugins at the following sub-forum. https://www.redguides.com/community/forums/cwtn-plugins.163/

Thank you for the solid shout out, and welcome to the redguides family!

Toast - first week... experience of VV/MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back