• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - First time user (1 Viewer)

RedCents
54¢
Hello everyone,
I have been playing EQ off and on for years, since 99. I have pretty much always boxed, back when you actually had to use multiple pc's to recently when i just alt tab between screens. I have never tried software to help me with this, but boxing is becoming bothersome these days. To the point where it feels like a job not a game. I'm not exactly sure how this software works but a friend suggested it to me. My question to you more experienced people is what are your thoughts on this software. I tried looking for a trial or something but didn't see anything. So before I invest money I would like to get some of your opinions. I'm also a little confused on the different programs. Looks like the software uses several things. Sorry for the noob questions, would just like a little insight. Thank you in advance.

You are lvl 2 so someone offered you the trial for one month.
What you have to know is there are 2 ways to control your toons:
-using plugins
-using macros.
If you want to test some of these, i would suggest to start with RGmercs. They are for all classes and are like plug and play.

I love it so far. It turns EQ into sort of an oldschool wizardry / might and magic game. It turns my focus away from mashing 800 bazillion buttons a second and shifts it towards building a team to explore dungeons.

Macros are pretty easy to learn. Search the macro on here ex. mq2nav and almost all of them will have a description or list of commands you can easily bookmark for reference. A few creators even have youtube channels and walk you through the "getting started" basics.

There is a huge .ini library. Think of these like templates or oldschool character sheets that people have made. You simply copy and paste the character sheet into your toons .ini file (character sheet), save, refresh it in game, and yer good to go. The lower level .ini's are a bit sparse but, with minimal amount of time invested it's pretty easy to figure out how to make your own or alter a higher level one to work for your character.

The community is amazing. The creators are very active and always seem willing to help with questions. Redguides has a great discord channel that's always active if yer into that sort of thing.

Redguides has allowed me to play my favorite game again without needing pain killers for hand arthritis! it's awesome.

I went ahead and subscribed for the month so I could get started. I just got the basics going, now i need to figure everything out so i can start tweaking things to my liking. This is pretty fun to set up i must say. I appreciate the replies. =)

Question - First time user

Users who are viewing this thread

Back