• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - First Box Group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Greetings,
I am new to RedGuides and, well, new to boxing period. Last time I did anything close to boxing, I was 13 and getting my face pounded in at school....but I digress.

I have decided on a SK, CLR, BRD, BST, ZER, ?? build. I was wondering what you would recommend for that last spot? I do know another ZER would be optimal, DPS wise, but I would like to avoid doubling up on any classes right now. Since it is a heavy melee group already, would another melee like rogue/monk be overkill? Maybe some caster DPS would be best to vary the damage type?

I want to add that this will be 2 All Access accounts used on the SK and ZER, 1 silver account that I haven't decided who will get, and 3 free accounts. Any suggestion on the silver account would be great as well.

Thanks,
Cyrus

Rogue - Hit chance aura, poisons for other melee. Very good DPS in general for a melee group.

Ranger - Actually gives you a lot of stacking atk/dps boosts for group. Besides melee/bow, they do quite a bit of dmg via nukes/dots so you'd have an alternate source of damage on melee resistant or damage shielded Named. Those aren't super common though.

Monk - Very good DPS, but tend to eat through their endurance faster than other melee types. Not as much synergy as the other choices, but does give a defensive aura to your tank.

Mage - Good DPS and like a half-melee due to pets. Their pet gets all the proc/haste/atk bonuses from bard. Their high DPS swarm pets can get overhaste/flurry bonuses from bard's aura. Downside is they're a little slower on mana regen compared to other nukers. Mage also doesn't provide much synergy as they boost other nukers, though you'd get pet gear for BST.

Shaman - Two healer setup can make some instances/events much easier. Sham is best healer for adding ADPS to a melee group with epic, atk, stat boosts, Roar procs and their group AA. Some overlap on buffs with BST though. One strat is to level Sham on same account as BST or a melee, then swap in whichever is needed.

Wiz - Not ideal as they don't get or give any real buffs to the group, only some minor pre-crit DD stuff to their nukes from the Bard songs. Does give you a porter, though with mq2nav and guild portal, travel isn't hard anymore.

Zerk - A great choice as zerk's can share their +dmg bonuses on the same target. Barely sip endurance and do great dmg on all target types as opposed to humanoid restricted DPS.

Thank you so much for that detailed reply. I didn’t know the pets gained the bard song effects. I love the idea of having mage pet gear on hand for my BST. I will go mage in that last spot and have the Sham on the side for when he is needed.
Wish me luck as I now delve into setting this all up.

Question - First Box Group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back