• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Find Window Problems (1 Viewer)

soulmonger

RedCents
75¢
I've been playing on the test server and I am having some problem with the find window. Currently if I bring up the find window in Plane of Knowledge many of the Zone Connections are missing from the list. If I attempt to /travelto any of the zones that are not listed in the find window I get an error from EasyFind saying that it cannot find zone connection to that zone. Any zones that are listed in the find window function as expected. So my first question is how do I fix it so that all zone connections are listed?

Secondly, I have noticed from time to time that the find window (and other windows) will sometimes go blank. Like there is data there but the text is covered up. You can scroll through the list but there is no text there. Anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
Test server has had zone connection issues off and on for weeks+ it is an eq thing as far as I know, and not an easy find thing specifically. (Which means Magellan or other things won't help, not editing your yaml)

@brainiac chime in?

Re: items disappearing. Eq has a limit of "stuff" that can be drawn, this is often due to your map being open with labels being shown. Hide labels, or close your map. This can happen without mq if you open all your bank and inventory bags at once
Test server has had zone connection issues off and on for weeks+ it is an eq thing as far as I know, and not an easy find thing specifically. (Which means Magellan or other things won't help, not editing your yaml)

@brainiac chime in?

Re: items disappearing. Eq has a limit of "stuff" that can be drawn, this is often due to your map being open with labels being shown. Hide labels, or close your map. This can happen without mq if you open all your bank and inventory bags at once

Solution
Well that sucks. Good to know that there's nothing that can be done about it. Thanks for the info.

Oh yeah. I've been lvling up a group from lvl 1 and am really sticking to PoP and earlier zones. So far Plane of Knowledge is the only zone I have had this issue in. All other zones seem to work properly.

I've been playing on the test server and I am having some problem with the find window. Currently if I bring up the find window in Plane of Knowledge many of the Zone Connections are missing from the list. If I attempt to /travelto any of the zones that are not listed in the find window I get an error from EasyFind saying that it cannot find zone connection to that zone. Any zones that are listed in the find window function as expected. So my first question is how do I fix it so that all zone connections are listed?

Secondly, I have noticed from time to time that the find window (and other windows) will sometimes go blank. Like there is data there but the text is covered up. You can scroll through the list but there is no text there. Anyone know how to fix this?
I believe the second issue is an EQ issue, if you have the map open and displaying PC or NPCs it will.gomover the limit of displayed text for the UI so other windows won't show their text (ie the find window or a.chat window) it is still "there" just not drawn on your UI so it isn't quite the same as the first. On love this is most easily replicated in PoK by opening the map and having it show all the PCs in lg pile, the rest of your UI text will drop off. I don't think there is a thing you can do about this other than closing mini map when this happens

Problem - Find Window Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back