• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Final toon for 6 box? (1 Viewer)

Blipstip

RedCents
90¢
Morning everyone,

I'm looking for some input on my second group I have started.

My current main group is SK/SHM/BRD/ROG/BER/BST and it's been fantastic. I wanted to switch things up and make a second group with some other toons I had.

It currently consists of the following sitting at a mix of level 120 - 114 WAR/CLR/BRD/MAG/NEC/ENC

I'm debating on keeping the enchanter even though logic would state drop the bard with this being more of a caster group. I'll never give up bard speed after having experienced it 24/7 now.

I feel that dropping the chanter for a BST may be a better choice as I currently feel like the ECH doesn't add too much to this party that the bard already doesn't bring.

Thanks for the input!

Enchanter and Bard aDPS stack incredibly well. I'd recommend keeping the enchanter. They do decent DPS while giving the group casters a good chunk of extra damage.

If you're going to have a Necro, you're basically required to have a bard. Necro DPS goes down DRAMATICALLY without having aria/aura at a 100% uptime.

Enchanter and Bard aDPS stack incredibly well. I'd recommend keeping the enchanter. They do decent DPS while giving the group casters a good chunk of extra damage.

If you're going to have a Necro, you're basically required to have a bard. Necro DPS goes down DRAMATICALLY without having aria/aura at a 100% uptime.
I second this. One other consideration is if you are only doing group content maybe swapping the necro out with something that will kill faster, maybe a second mage or wizard? Admittedly I am not an expert of necros in group content, as I use my alt necros for raiding exclusively.

Thats a pretty solid group. I would roll with it. The one thing i have found with running a war in group content is the lack of AE Agro to grab adds or from a bad pull. I prefer to run an ENC with the WAR instead of the bard.

However, you have both and you will have good DPS running this group!

At this point in the game with statflation, you can run anything you want to. There is nothing wrong with your 2nd group at all. Would a BST be better than an ENC? Maybe. Probably more overall DPS, but the ENC works fine as well. Never an issue with the lockdown of adds for sure.

Maybe in the future if the devs can work it out (doubt it), there will be a stat squish and revamp of heroic stats to something that makes sense. Then you might look at options again because group makeups will matter, but right now, pretty much anything is viable. State of the game with lazy devs. Too much cookie-cutter going on. Same spells, different names, and more power. No actual thought or ingenuity was put into anything. Expansions post TBL, revamps of prior expansions split up. ToV/CoV 2 expansions are revamps of 1 Scars of Velious expansion. ToL/NoS - surprise surprise. Can you guess? Yep...2 expansions revamping one Shadows of Luclin expansion.

Can't wait to see Planes of Power over the next 5 expansions they release. Because heaven forbid they release new content.

I feel you on everything feeling the same. I can't complain too much because they are keeping the game alive and updating it. I'm still surprised EQ has made it this far.

I've come to really appreciate the NEC in the group as well. I was running some ToL group missions last night. With those being longer fights NEC was topping the charts far above the rest of the group.

The CWTN plugins also make everything so seamless. Thanks for all the help and input everyone! I'll stick with the current makeup. It keeps it interesting as well compared to group 1 which is almost all melee.

Question - Final toon for 6 box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back