• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Fellowship Shared Experience Question (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
Hi all,

Having been away from EQ for so long I was unaware of campfires, fellowship, and the teleport to campfire clicky until yesterday. My question is about the shared experience toggle. I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

If I toggle shared experience to “on” does this mean all of the off-line toons in the fellowship will receive experience, and if so how much?

For example, let’s say you are running a 6-man team on six different accounts. Next you create a second toon on each of the accounts and add those to the fellowship so you are at the max of 12 toons in the fellowship. Will those 6 other alts earn exp as your first group levels or works on AA’s?

One quick follow-up question. Can any member of the fellowship invite or is it only the fellowship creator who can invite?

Thanks for the info.

Be well.

> Here < is a good fellowship guide at Fanra's

for *me* i only share on toons that are maxed already, and have them feed into 1 toon that isn't maxed, this means putting the not-maxed toon in ANOTHER group from the 6 that are sharing since they can't get "fed" at the same time xping in the same group

@Sic Thanks. I will check out Fanta. I like her wiki better than EQ wiki and Allakhazam does not to be like it was 22 years ago. I guess Caster’s Realm is long gone.

So here is why its so great. ONCE a toon is max he can only share and if you have 11 toons that can only share thats 11 toons feeding FS Vitality into the 1 toon that aint maxed and remember the 11 toons are max/capped so the 1 toon that is not while sharing he gives them no xp at all since they're all capped. You get 5x per kill for 7 levels. Not sure what the AA cap is but its still 5x AA xp per kill.

> Here < is a good fellowship guide at Fanra's

for *me* i only share on toons that are maxed already, and have them feed into 1 toon that isn't maxed, this means putting the not-maxed toon in ANOTHER group from the 6 that are sharing since they can't get "fed" at the same time xping in the same group
The Fanra description seems very confusing to me.

I thought I needed to turn sharing off for the character I wanted to feed additional exp to, and then sharing on for the characters I was donating exp from.

It seems like Fanra is suggesting that sharing only happens with offline characters with sharing turned on. But Sic sounds like sharing exp in one group will feed an online character in a different group ... But does that character in a different group also need to have sharing turned?

I'm so confused by this, lol. Not enough sleep last night I guess.

The Fanra description seems very confusing to me.

I thought I needed to turn sharing off for the character I wanted to feed additional exp to, and then sharing on for the characters I was donating exp from.

It seems like Fanra is suggesting that sharing only happens with offline characters with sharing turned on. But Sic sounds like sharing exp in one group will feed an online character in a different group ... But does that character in a different group also need to have sharing turned?

I'm so confused by this, lol. Not enough sleep last night I guess.

The best way is to take 6 toons that are xping and capped and share with a 7th toon that is in another group xping. He can be online and xping he still gets vitality it updates every 15m or so. He will also get vitality while offline but there is a cap of 7 levels worth.

What is not clear to me now after reading Fanara is the reference to 2/3 of level. Does that mean if you have 6 maxed out toons, like folks are saying, and you are trying to feed one other, does the one being fed need to be level 80 because 2/3 of 120 is 80.

I was almost hoping fellowship was a way to passively level an alt while leveling exp or aa’s on the first team. Oh well, no free lunch. Will eventually need to read about using various tools to assist with out of group buffing and healing, etc.

What is not clear to me now after reading Fanara is the reference to 2/3 of level. Does that mean if you have 6 maxed out toons, like folks are saying, and you are trying to feed one other, does the one being fed need to be level 80 because 2/3 of 120 is 80.

I was almost hoping fellowship was a way to passively level an alt while leveling exp or aa’s on the first team. Oh well, no free lunch. Will eventually need to read about using various tools to assist with out of group buffing and healing, etc.
The toon being fed has to be able to get xp from the toons feeding him. so if your group is 120 the lowest the toon can be is 90. Since its a 30 level cap difference.

easy way to explain it is if you have sharing on - your sharing with any other toon in the fellowship with sharing on, even offline toons. If they are able to get exp while in your group they will also get exp out of the group offline. right now if your 120 lowest that will get exp is lvl 90.

having 6 toons playing all with sharing on and no other offline toons having it on is useless..... 99.9% of the time

I see 2 different feeding styles for the most part -
turning one offline toon sharing on and having feeder group load up that toon - faster for that one toon -
turning a whole 2nd offline group on and feeding them that way- slower but your feeding multiple toons

I have fellowship leader for my feeding group that way i can control offline toons as well.
the leader is only one who can toggle other members of the fellowship

easy way to explain it is if you have sharing on - your sharing with any other toon in the fellowship with sharing on, even offline toons. If they are able to get exp while in your group they will also get exp out of the group offline. right now if your 120 lowest that will get exp is lvl 90.

having 6 toons playing all with sharing on and no other offline toons having it on is useless..... 99.9% of the time

I see 2 different feeding styles for the most part -
turning one offline toon sharing on and having feeder group load up that toon - faster for that one toon -
turning a whole 2nd offline group on and feeding them that way- slower but your feeding multiple toons

I have fellowship leader for my feeding group that way i can control offline toons as well.
the leader is only one who can toggle other members of the fellowship
TY for that explanation. I was so confused, I just stopped it all together.

Question - Fellowship Shared Experience Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back