• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Faded Snowbound or else? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
820¢
Hi All,
My 6-box team is now 113 and max AA for their level. I have bought Faded Snowbound for my tank and the two main DPS, and would like to hear some opinion whether it is worth it to equip my other 3 toons with it or not. With all the new spells I am short on plat, and if something else and better is around the corner at 115, I may as well skip it... Any advice?

Well it matters what the other 3 are. Do they run out of mana? Are they getting hit often? Is endurance an issue? Will the gear make a significant difference in the survivability of the group? How old is their existing gear?

you have to answer all of these questions for yourself and determine if the change will be worth it to you or if it won't matter.

For my cleric I've never really worried about their gear too much. Usually don't have mana issues and rarely get hit. For melee toons I make sure they have their weapon and get the parts that increase Hdex. For pure casters it's significant to me if they easily use all their mana. For the tank I try to always have their best gear.

It really does depend on what you are trying to achieve. If going to Hang about in TOV and do all the achievements etc......then I would buy it on everyone. If you want to Skip to TOL..then worry first about your tank and his augs. Gear him up until he can drag the rest of the crew along.

For a long time snowbound was the best FTP gear...and it was tradeable to toons who didnt even have TOV expansion. So it was the Best you could get.

If you are just progressing into TOV and COV then it could be the way to go.

TOV is just going FTP on Test - so it will be FTP on Live very soon. Snowbound is very cheap....or at least it used to be.

If you can do the TOV 1 - Griklor the Restless - then farm the pieces yourself - dont buy them.
A good grp can burn this dude down in matter of seconds...but even if you can kill him in about 30 seconds you can farm this mission easily. Your DPS will not run out of Mana...I hope..otherwise you are in trouble.

Once you are geared well - Try Zlandicar in COV. Great mission to farm....and I mean Farm!

Then try TOL Shei Vinitrias - Next mission to farm. Tank/Cure/Mez Loot

if you tradeskill - T3 crafted is the way to go

I would go tank - healer - crowd control for the order of gear/spells - after that fill in as you go

T3 crafted stuff in CoV is easy to get and i still have my dps toons in that at 120 and they do just fine

Thanks for all the advice. My group is WAR/ROG/MAG which are in snowbound, and CLR/BRD/WIZ which are not. All premium accounts/latest expansion. I started working on my tradeskill trophies on my wizard, but haven't finished them yet, so I am not sure T3 crafted is an option. Those missions sound good though, will give them a try...

My personal gearing order is 1.Tank 2.Puller/CC 3.healer. Even very skilled players can get whacked pretty often and if you are using KA or RG for your bard they'll get hit fairly often. Side note I generally go for HSTA for my puller and healer as the extra HP seems to be more of a benefit than the avoidance or mana pool heroics.

if you tradeskill - T3 crafted is the way to go

I would go tank - healer - crowd control for the order of gear/spells - after that fill in as you go

T3 crafted stuff in CoV is easy to get and i still have my dps toons in that at 120 and they do just fine
How is T3 crafted easy to get? I have farmed a few of the mobs that drop the component for over a day now, straight. 1 drop. I decided to use that 1 drop on a weapon instead. Unless it drops like candy from a group mission?

How is T3 crafted easy to get? I have farmed a few of the mobs that drop the component for over a day now, straight. 1 drop. I decided to use that 1 drop on a weapon instead. Unless it drops like candy from a group mission?
missions, do the missions (you can) on cooldown

try Zlandicar Reborn mission for sure - just make sure to glyph on start its a spank and tank mission - 1 or 2 ores on missions

I farmed the snot out of Octave Sforzando in cobalt scar - and Pastletlith the Temperate in WW

they may have nerfed the drop rate on ores on named - not sure

try Zlandicar Reborn mission for sure - just make sure to glyph on start its a spank and tank mission - 1 or 2 ores on missions

I farmed the snot out of Octave Sforzando in cobalt scar - and Pastletlith the Temperate in WW

thought they had adjusted it last year to 100% chest, 10% open world named, 0.1% open world humanoid (although with the recent streamline to mob types who knows whats happening there).

I did 1 Zlandicar Reborn today, dropped 2 ores. Yes!!! You and I are on same wavelength (did not know about Zland), but I also farmed those two pretty much exclusively and only 1 ore from those. I screwed up Lootly because I was getting the snowsquall armor, I was equipping and lootly autolooted the armor containers back to me, so I have unusable extra sitting in my bags.

I did 1 Zlandicar Reborn today, dropped 2 ores. Yes!!! You and I are on same wavelength (did not know about Zland), but I also farmed those two pretty much exclusively and only 1 ore from those. I screwed up Lootly because I was getting the snowsquall armor, I was equipping and lootly autolooted the armor containers back to me, so I have unusable extra sitting in my bags.
Once you can down those missions you're laughing and well on your way to equiping your entire group with T3, I really need to get back into this, stopped playing during ToV and I can feel those new 2 expansions calling me back!

Question - Faded Snowbound or else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back