• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Faded Restless vs Faded Waxing Armor (1 Viewer)

RedCents
51¢
I have a SK that just made lvl 115...I would like to outfit him in a new (presently Snowbound) armor set. His primary role in groups is puller/tank. Anyone have thoughts on what armor set would be best?

ToL T1 is still better than CoV T1. I'd say go for any of the T1/tradable gear you can and then upgrade to the crafted gear as you can after you hit 120. Or, if you have the ores to do the faded CoV crafter gear, then do that and you should be able to hit 120 and do the ToL crafted.

I have a SK that just made lvl 115...I would like to outfit him in a new (presently Snowbound) armor set. His primary role in groups is puller/tank. Anyone have thoughts on what armor set would be best?
If you're going to raid or sub him...best prestige or chase you can find...my advice if he isn't your main char...keep him in the best non-prestige you can find so you can build a ftp team around him

Waxing Crescent is the best non-prestige you can get currently, according to www.raidloot.com and it is one step below prestige T3 CoV. It is also cheaper because you can buy the items from vendor 1 emblem, and 1 Waxing Crescent Honed Luclinite. They did away with getting the equivalent of the crystallized ore.

Waxing Crescent is the best non-prestige you can get currently, according to www.raidloot.com and it is one step below prestige T3 CoV. It is also cheaper because you can buy the items from vendor 1 emblem, and 1 Waxing Crescent Honed Luclinite. They did away with getting the equivalent of the crystallized ore.
Just a note about this if you're on FV, buy the template and go to the vendor to buy the ore. You'll get gouged if you buy it premade. You can probably buy the template for sub 10k and the item for it is like 25k? So 35k total. The premade pieces sell for 200k. If you're not on FV then this doesn't matter. But tip for you to save some money on FV if you don't mind the extra step.

Was that ever required? Not in ToV/CoV, at least. It was always a merchant-purchased ore for T1/T2 and raid T1 gear. Group ores for group T3 and raid ores for raid T2.

Waxing is only level 115 required. Beware the rogue pants summon the new poison, but it is level 116 to use that poison, XXI i believe.

Was that ever required? Not in ToV/CoV, at least. It was always a merchant-purchased ore for T1/T2 and raid T1 gear. Group ores for group T3 and raid ores for raid T2.

Waxing is only level 115 required. Beware the rogue pants summon the new poison, but it is level 116 to use that poison, XXI i believe.
Velium threaded (COV) required an ore drop from a mob, an emblem, and an infusion, the T1 ToL requires an emblem and storebought "ore"..

Cov t1 gear was no trade that's the only difference

Velium threaded (COV) required an ore drop from a mob, an emblem, and an infusion, the T1 ToL requires an emblem and storebought "ore"..
The Velium threaded is T3 COV it compares to T3 TOL which is Luclinite Ensanguined.

T1 Snowsquall T2 Blizzard T3 Velium threaded (uses CRO) vs T1 Waxing T2 Waning and T3 Luclinite Ensanguined (which uses the Ossified ore)

You still need lv120 to max the stat of T1 Waxing armor....and Waxing AC better over lv118 while HP still less..... so I wear Velium Threaded until 120 then change to Luclinite with some Wanning....

1644800238168.png

However, if you can't get full Velium Threaded armor, the Waxing is still an easy way to upgrade :)

Question - Faded Restless vs Faded Waxing Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back