• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - F2Play vs using a merc (1 Viewer)

I have run many F2P characters. Best results I’ve had have been BER.

My F2P berserkers hit about 325k sustained and 1m dps on burns.

Not sure what a dps merc is doing these days, but I think that’s pretty good

a J5 meelemerc with shaman and bard support max aa averages for me at around 180k without such support, it's more like 120k. A lot of F2P classes will beat that, specially if you can manage to spend 1 krono once, to boost your Aa's. Once the krono runs out and you go silver, you will keep all Aa's gained.

Are there any databases out there that discuss F2P best in slot gear that anyone would recommend?
I have linked this in here a couple times, while old it still has some good info

this may also be helpful

upto 85? there is a trader at pok, north of soulbinder, who sells stuff for platin. Than plane of health vendors, once you did the 3 first tasks of progression, sell all gear you need, vendor sell also non prestige Typ5 augs. 106 to 110 search bazaar for gear starting with "conflagrant" max non prestige would be the tov-gear lvl 110 just kill T1 nameds or search bazaar for container with "velium" in the name (for the armor) and stick some vendor-sold stuff into it and the other slots can be filled with "velium" -named gear directly from bazaar.

Last edited:
upto 85? there is a trader at pok, north of soulbinder, who sells stuff for platin. Than plane of health vendors, once you did the 3 first tasks of progression, sell all gear you need, vendor sell also non prestige Typ5 augs. 106 to 110 search bazaar for gear starting with "conflagrant" max non prestige would be the tov-gear lvl 110 just kill T1 nameds or search bazaar for container with "velium" in the name (for the armor) and stick some vendor-sold stuff into it and the other slots can be filled with "velium" -named gear directly from bazaar.

velium container armor is 115, snowbound is 110 and its non prestige

But all conflagrant (106-110) is non prestige and pretty nice gear/weapons. at 110 switch to ToV t1 stuff (snowbound etc) and its also non prestige. my FTP zerk comes fairly close to my gold zerk on dps. atleast till gold gains alot more aa, then ill have to switch krono and get aa on the FTP one

Go to eq resource and search ToV armor/equipment. Filter it as tier 1, which is non-prestige. Then, pick the item with the highest hdex for melee. At this point you’re only choosing out of about 3 items per slot, and they are all so similar it doesn’t really matter.

Question - F2Play vs using a merc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back