• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software Extremely new (1 Viewer)

ornonic

RedCents
270¢
Heya all, Ive been TrueBoxing for a while now but am looking to get a little deeper into multiboxing. As I am starting to do this anyone have some advice I can learn from there mistakes?

Heya all, Ive been TrueBoxing for a while now but am looking to get a little deeper into multiboxing. As I am starting to do this anyone have some advice I can learn from there mistakes?
Howdy ornonic! Welcome to redguides.

(obligatory MQ2/VeryVanilla does not work on truebox servers)

some early advice:
you're not going to learn everything and be a master of all of the various tools, utilities, resources, and functionality overnight - be patient with yourself, you're probably learning faster and doing better than you think.

EQ is a game of inches, and it is the massive accumulation of a bunch of inches to be "big time". some folks have toons decked out in all the latest and greatest with all the AAs and all the previous achievements and unlocks (like Hero's Fortitude stuff). Comparing your worth against that is the wrong way to approach that difference - things take time, you'll get there if you want to.

enjoy your multibox team - just because something isn't "meta" or "flavor of the month" doesn't mean you can't be successful.

fun > min-maxing until min-maxing is more important to you than having fun.

Take the way that someone else does something with a grain of salt, and try to apply some critical thinking to it. All of us have different ways we do things and it may not work for you, and that's ok.

I *always* start new characters on new accounts - not being able to play toonX and toonY at the same time because they're on the same account stinks.

be smart about your mq2 usage:
- don't afk
- take precautions (mq2say, mq2posse, mq2discord etc etc etc) to ensure you are able to get your attention to where it needs to be if your attention needs to be gotten
- be smart about where/when you talk about mq2 usage. general chat is a bad idea, everquest forums is a real bad idea - mom's house for dinner is prolly alright, but make sure no one is a mole!

Have fun!

the official RedGuides new user vids are a great place to start > HERE <

Welcome ornonic! Sic beat me to it by a few (he's awesome), but he's covered everything I would have and more (emphasis on the "don't afk" part!). Have fun and always feel free to ask for help if you have any specific questions you haven't been able to find answers to with search. RG is an amazing community filled with friendly, experienced players who often enjoy helping out as much as possible!

Welcome ornonic! Sic beat me to it by a few (he's awesome), but he's covered everything I would have and more (emphasis on the "don't afk" part!). Have fun and always feel free to ask for help if you have any specific questions you haven't been able to find answers to with search. RG is an amazing community filled with friendly, experienced players who often enjoy helping out as much as possible!
Hey man thanks for the red cents XD need to upgrade to level 2 but was doing my research first.

Howdy ornonic! Welcome to redguides.

(obligatory MQ2/VeryVanilla does not work on truebox servers)

some early advice:
you're not going to learn everything and be a master of all of the various tools, utilities, resources, and functionality overnight - be patient with yourself, you're probably learning faster and doing better than you think.

EQ is a game of inches, and it is the massive accumulation of a bunch of inches to be "big time". some folks have toons decked out in all the latest and greatest with all the AAs and all the previous achievements and unlocks (like Hero's Fortitude stuff). Comparing your worth against that is the wrong way to approach that difference - things take time, you'll get there if you want to.

enjoy your multibox team - just because something isn't "meta" or "flavor of the month" doesn't mean you can't be successful.

fun > min-maxing until min-maxing is more important to you than having fun.

Take the way that someone else does something with a grain of salt, and try to apply some critical thinking to it. All of us have different ways we do things and it may not work for you, and that's ok.

I *always* start new characters on new accounts - not being able to play toonX and toonY at the same time because they're on the same account stinks.

be smart about your mq2 usage:
- don't afk
- take precautions (mq2say, mq2posse, mq2discord etc etc etc) to ensure you are able to get your attention to where it needs to be if your attention needs to be gotten
- be smart about where/when you talk about mq2 usage. general chat is a bad idea, everquest forums is a real bad idea - mom's house for dinner is prolly alright, but make sure no one is a mole!

Have fun!

the official RedGuides new user vids are a great place to start > HERE <
Thanks for the advice man cant believe how active these forms are yall are great.

Search, read, ask questions, and watch the vids that Sic and others put out! It's what I did, I am still an idiot to all this...but less now than I was then. :D

Remember TWO thing. 1. HAVE Fun. (it does not do any good to learn and do stuff if you are not having fun doing it.) 2. Ask here for help. (you might see some fighting over who is gona help you first.) We gots lots of folks just waiting to help someone.

Zeb

Welcome! I think the best piece of advice i'd offer is don't be afraid to ask the community. Trust me if you're wondering we've probably wondered or had the same question...and hey if not then maybe it's a new idea. I know I learn something new every day.

Software Extremely new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back