• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Extreme newbie question (1 Viewer)

jman123

RedCents
I'm brand new to this website and I'm enjoying all the posts very much. I had a question that will probably get me laughed off the site but here goes.....I have only one account. I have a 53 cleric and a 41 warrior on it. I wanted to buy EQ platinum again and move my cleric over to the other account in order to heal my warrior and possibly PL a bit. Is this possible, and if so, is it free? Also I would need to know how to setup 2 windows on 1 screen (see, told ya it was a newb question lol). Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, I looked but couldn't find it.

ok lets start

1. buy another account either:
a. buy game
b. go to playerauctions.com and buy a account that has a toon on it

2. use transfer system to transfer cleric to other account (if you get new account, if you buy one with a toon on it i suggest plin another or pl cleric higher)

3. depending on your system and what i can hold you can load up eq, before you press play you load internet explorer(i'll explain later) get eq in world. then alt-tab to get back to internet explorer
then load another eq and get that one in world also this way you can alt-tab from one toon to the other
(works on my windows ME machine)

and my suggestion is use the plassist.mac set it up on cleric i have one set up on my cleric that when war gets to 50% he heals to 80% then sits down
works wonders but anyway
i hear you can do this on xp but i have not got it to work (alt-tab that is)
somethin about not runnin full screen and then alt tab works but someone else can inform you on that

also there is a thing called wineq or eq windows its a program thats obsolete that you can use to do same thing as i can on windows ME
now as for x

2. use transfer system to transfer cleric to other account (if you get new account, if you buy one with a toon on it i suggest plin another or pl cleric higher)

Can you go into more detail on this pls, i have never seen the transfer bit i read a post some were on here about this but did not understand that one either.Something about account running out then to do it pls explain for me :confused:

the transfer service is the one on eqlive or whatever sony does it for you its like 75 bucks i find it not worth it cause you buy the game which is like 50 bucks then the transfer which is 75

for125 bucks you can prob find a account you can buy on player auctions depending on your server

if you do buy a account on playerauctions.com get the username and password and change everything make sure you get the secret word changed

so user name

change:
password
account address and info
account billing info

don't know if that answers your question but thats all i could think of sry

*note* i have never transfered with sony's service i bought a 65bst 62druid account got it for 145

65 clerics r going for cheap now on PA. I would look at just buying a cleric or shaman account.

I prefer shaman over cleric when 2 boxing due to slow. Cant beat Virt and rez of a cleric tho...

Nah :(

Just tryed looking for the post about it but can`t find it So must have read it some were esle. basically was saying somthing on the line that you have say 3 account or buy a 3rd one but you must let this account run out ie cancel, then when you go to start up the subscription there some you do here which ( is the bit i dont understand ). move char to the acount you wish it on 1or 2 then cancel the 3rd acount .. see i have 3 account but now only want to run 2 but move my cleric from the 3rd account . :eek:

Thanks for the tips I got it set-up and running. The only problem I have is when I have both running it is VERY laggy. I was wondering if that is based on the hardware in my computer, or the connection speed of my internet. Hopefully it's the internet, then I can just get a faster connection. Thanks again for all the help setting it up. :)

depends, if your on dial-up, prolly the internet connection, if your on broadband its most definitely your computer. although if you notice it takes a lot longer to log in with the second client up, then its your computer.

Ok last question on the subject I promise.....which is more important to the ability to run both games......memory or processor? I have Pentium 3 @ 933 MHz and 512 MB of RAM. I found out that I can't upgrade the memory any more, but it is possible to upgrade the processor....a little pricey, but possible. I just want to make sure that the processor upgrade will decrease the horrible lag I get from boxing the game. I'd hate to spend all that money and have the same problem lol.

i'd upgrade the processor if you're wanting to box the game, but also use the mq2fps plugin and type "/render bg ~1" without quotes. that makes it so that when everquest is in the background the world never gets drawn and will decrease by a LOT the ammoung that your videocard and processor have to handle.

Hmm, i dont agree siddin lol. Atleast my comp takes ages to load when im 3boxing but there is no lag. Keep in mind the fact that i have all spell grphx to 0 and clip plane to 0. Its really not that bad at all, since its enough to see where im doing/what im doing, and i have the map to look for any npc's or travel :) Works like a charm, and no lag.

No wait.. i think i agree now, after re-reading the posts.. your Processor is super slow, thats the first update(probably w/motherboard) :D

siddin said:
i'd upgrade the processor if you're wanting to box the game, but also use the mq2fps plugin and type "/render bg ~1" without quotes. that makes it so that when everquest is in the background the world never gets drawn and will decrease by a LOT the ammoung that your videocard and processor have to handle.

I learn something new every hour.. hehe I didnt know that siddin. Does this happend when you minimize the wineq or just in general when its not the active window on your desktop?

Very nice, i think im going to use this while im macroing bard. Btw my bards 40 atm!! :D

Extreme newbie question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back