• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

EXP poiton (1 Viewer)

Pugs

RedCents
644¢
Given by Sarvil Amberstone in DL (would guess that the FV one is similar)

1) These conflicted strands are a badge of honor
A Collector's Sarnak War Braid from Sarnak Berserkers in OT

2) This pouch is crafted from finer things than leather
A collectors Drachnid Web Sack from spiders in DL

3) Weight your options before seeking these
A Collector's Bloodgill Scale in Lake of Ill Omen

4) A crumbling intellect can be a burden
collector's brittle iksar skull - skellies in FoB

5) It towers above, but these help it grow below
A collectors Excavator Claws from burynai excavator in kurns tower.

6) The rhyme of the mountains
A Collector's Tump Stump in FM

7) Cursing can be heard whenever this is used
A Collector's Iksar Witch Doll from goblin spirit caller in Warsilik's Woods (also dropped off of soothsayers)

8) Their bark is the least of your worries
A Collectors Canine from Drolvargs in FV

9) Fans the swarming flame
A Collector's Fire Hornet Wing in BW

10) Grown from the seeds of failure
A Collector's No Hope Moss off Frogloks in Swamp of No Hope

Reward
a potion that give 100% more exp for 15 min.

VERY IMPORTANT
before you turn in the combinded bag hail and get another bag so you can do the quest 2 time other wise you can only do it once.

This is possably going to be nurfed tongith when hte servers come down

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt 100% exp bonus added in with the .3% exp you get from opening chest mean you will get 30% exp from opening chest in DoN? For atleast those 15 mins? And here is another question is the EXP bonus a buff? If it is maybe you can get the fast exp from the DoN then gate back to the Guild hall to make it last longer while you wait for the eggs to repop or get another mission...

Just a thought... :D

lol thats right dont know whay I was thinking multiplication... :rolleyes:

Wonder if there is a place this could really be put to good use though :confused:

All potions are checked by the server? or is it likely that certain ones are not. Would be nice to find a few that are not so we can use them to our full advantage.

How about this. Get the first bag, have a duel, leave bag on corpse. Get another bag, duel, leave bag on corpse, rinse repeat as many times as you want.

I would test it, but at work at the moment.

Seems she wont hand out second potions. The way I did it was this:
I hailed her, got the bag, when I did the mobs, I collected two items each..when I got back to her, I combined the one bag and hailed her, so I got a new bag. Now I had the completed bag, and the empty one..first turn in, great got the potion. Combined the second and turned in, she game me some line like "I am sorry, I just dont have enough for you" or some crap, and kept the items lol.

A guildy of mine came up with a good idea yesterday that might work. I havent done the transfer no drop since the older version was nerfed but i read it still works. You could do the quest on an alt char and then use the plugin to transfer it to other char. I havent done this but it may work. Im also not sure if you use every charge and delete book if there is a way they will recognize that you have done the quest before. Its something to look into.

Lol, got 8 of em spread across 8 chars :D.. I love no drop transfers!~

And humm, I would imagine there is no way to give unlimited charges, aye?!

Not sure..check the offsets before and after you use the potion, if somethings changed then maybe there is a way to utilize it.
But as for the no drop transfer, yeah I did the quest on my main, gave my alts the combined bags, had them turn it in for the potion and then transferred the potion back to my main (its not lore..yet lol). I am assuming they left the lore tag off because the giver flags you once you complete the quest.

omg people, # of charges as well as xp modifiers are all held by the server otherwise we'd already have offsets/plugins for them

okay, maybe this isn't possible. but couldn't someone with the right knowledge write plugin to tell the server to recharge this item. or any other item that holds a charge for that matter. or couldn't someone also write a plugin to tell the server that you have killed a mob by sending the info that the player deliverd a massive attack. or something. you wouldn't actually have to kill something if the server thought you did

No, this is how EQ seems to handle it:

-You attack NPC x.
-Server checks to makes sure you are in range and calculates your damage based off of your weapon, stats, spell, random number generator, mobs AC and resists etc.
-Server takes that amount of damage away from the mob and then sends your client the actual number to display on your screen.

This is why you can't attack an NPC when it gets ultra laggy. You just stand there swining once a minute. They are smart and do all that work server side.

EXP poiton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back