• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - everquest wont load past sever select when mq2 is running what am i doing wrong ? (1 Viewer)

Nedus

RedCents
68¢
as the title says i downlaoded mq2 and redguides launcher and purchased mq2eskay but when mq2 is loaded and i try to start everquest it goes back and crashes after i select server .
i have also tried loading it after eq was loaded in but it freezes andcrashes when i do this .

as the title says i downlaoded mq2 and redguides launcher and purchased mq2eskay but when mq2 is loaded and i try to start everquest it goes back and crashes after i select server .
i have also tried loading it after eq was loaded in but it freezes andcrashes when i do this .
are you trying to load into a truebox server? mq2 doesn't work on truebox

just came back from like 10 years away from game i have no idea how to update the ui could you possibly give me a quick run down
if you are running default ui - then you have nothing to update as eq would be updated

if you're running a customui that is out of date, that might cause your issue - as there were several issues with getting to and leaving char select in the past couple of patches with outdated uis

its forsure default UI it was a fresh install of the game
if you are running default ui - then you have nothing to update as eq would be updated

if you're running a customui that is out of date, that might cause your issue - as there were several issues with getting to and leaving char select in the past couple of patches with outdated uis

Usually an instant ctd without mq2 is a uierror. Mq2 causing a ctd is a bad call from something so would need to trim your default plugins down and load in with minimal amount to get into game stable then load the rest of the plugins you want

Usually an instant ctd without mq2 is a uierror. Mq2 causing a ctd is a bad call from something so would need to trim your default plugins down and load in with minimal amount to get into game stable then load the rest of the plugins you want
I have no custom ui or plugins it’s a plain vanilla eq it was a fresh install recently

Attachments

• 78B5D515-6962-4FFE-8027-FFE0ACF6A50E.jpeg
    78B5D515-6962-4FFE-8027-FFE0ACF6A50E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 00C2D4B3-7BAA-43A7-BF6E-EDA88AD0305F.jpeg
    00C2D4B3-7BAA-43A7-BF6E-EDA88AD0305F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • C50A193F-20B5-4975-A4EB-1D6BA2A909E2.jpeg
    C50A193F-20B5-4975-A4EB-1D6BA2A909E2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
I think it has it's own custom in game UI window but i could be wrong. I've never actually used it.

Go in to you Macroquest.ini file and set all plugins to 0. reload macroquest -> reload everquest.

once in game load up each plugin one by one and see if you crash. keep note of which one made you crash (if any).

once all default plugins are loaded, and no crashes happen, quit out EQ and try to reload the game. You should be ok after that.

1611366174166.png

No ui window for eskay that I saw just what it says in launcher
it is nearly 100% that it is not the eskay window causing it anyhow. if mq2eskay was crashing you would more than likely get a popup and a .dmp file in your release -> logs

have you checked in that folder to see if you do have any .dmp files? if so pm a couple to me plz

I think it has it's own custom in game UI window but i could be wrong. I've never actually used it.

Go in to you Macroquest.ini file and set all plugins to 0. reload macroquest -> reload everquest.

once in game load up each plugin one by one and see if you crash. keep note of which one made you crash (if any).

once all default plugins are loaded, and no crashes happen, quit out EQ and try to reload the game. You should be ok after that.

View attachment 27604
it is nearly 100% unlikely that the mq2eskay ui is causing this issue.

and furthermore - several plugins have their own ui window element - like mq2portalsetter, mq2pluginmanager, mq2mule, dpsadv etc etc etc

it is more than likely a file validation issue, or a directx9 issue.

it is nearly 100% unlikely that the mq2eskay ui is causing this issue.

and furthermore - several plugins have their own ui window element - like mq2portalsetter, mq2pluginmanager, mq2mule, dpsadv etc etc etc

it is more than likely a file validation issue, or a directx9 issue.

He's able to play without MQ loaded but crashes with MQ loaded. You're free to think what you want.

He's able to play without MQ loaded but crashes with MQ loaded. You're free to think what you want.
yup, and like i said there are several plugins that have ui windows, and until we have gotten to a point that says "mq2eskay specifically is causing this" - which nothing is - it would best help dude if we tried to determine what *is* causing the issue.

ok after remoting-in for the past few hours I have figured out the issue.

it was an eqclient issue causing mq2nav, mq2moveutils and mq2melee to crash

@dannuic had the awesome idea to check keybinds and i was able to demonstrate that backslash being assigned as a keypress to autorun was causing the issue.

removed that and no more crash.

@Nedus do you have an azerty keyboard by chance? french canadian keyboard?

Last edited:
ok after remoting-in for the past few hours I have figured out the issue.

it was an eqclient issue causing mq2nav, mq2moveutils and mq2melee to crash

@dannuic had the awesome idea to check keybinds and i was able to demonstrate that backslash being assigned as a keypress to autorun was causing the issue.

removed that and no more crash.

@Nedus do you have an azerty keyboard by chance? french canadian keyboard?
No it’s just a laptop keyboard it’s in English but does have French characters as I am in Canada

Problem - everquest wont load past sever select when mq2 is running what am i doing wrong ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back