• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

EverQuest: Solo Queen NokNok's Remains Mission quickly and efficiently (1 Viewer)

Sei-Ryu

RedCents
This mission starts in Nektulos Forest.

To do this mission you either need 3 Depths of Darkhollow accessible accounts, or have friends or guildmates with the expansion. You need 3 total party members or more to get this mission. Once you have this...

Form your group and You, and only you go to Nektulos.

For this quest I'd strongly suggest the following plugins:

Warp plugin, Map plugin

For the Map plugin, I'd suggest (if you haven't already) type /mapfilter NPC on, this will turn all NPC's on on the map. Also use /mapfilter chests on, this will display the remains and the shrines. Then type /mapfilter Targetline on, this will help you find the mob to get the mission from, as he wanders. I would not suggest warping to him, as there will probably be many players in the zone.

When in Nektulos, type /target spirit, this will target "a dark spirit of Nektulos". Hail him and say "what forgotten things" to get the mission. After you get the mission, you can disband the group. Select a fairy from the monster list and follow the compass to the zoneline and zone in.

Once inside set up the following hotkeys:

-Faith of the Fay (I'm pretty sure this is the single target heal, the single target is the one you want)
-Fairy Fire (fire based DoT)
-Hide
-Kick

The AAs you want are:

-Flowing Thought 1
-Attack Speed 1

The rest can just rot.

Now that you have your keys set up, type /target remains. This will target Queen NokNok's Remains.

Check your map! Look at the remains and the Witch Lamps near them, when you think it's safe, use /warp target to warp to the remains without agroing any wisps, then hide immediately. Check around you, when it's safe start beating the remains apart. You may need to hide several times during this to avoid agro. Fairy fire does not work on this chest, and do not try to fight the wisps, they are immune to any damage. If you get agro from a wisp, keep killing the chest. Heal yourself at 40% if multiple wisps come, just stay on the chest until you die. If you die you will respawn at zone in, just /target remains and /warp target again when it's safe. Make sure to heal yourself before you warp. Then finish the chest off. Loot your prize, THEN loot the Fairy Dust.

After you loot the Fairy Dust, all wisps despawn, and undead rats spawn in their place. These are level 25 rats, same as your level. The undead graverobbers are much higher level, but have few hps, don't try to kill anything being solo though. Grave robbers spawn when a shrine hits 45% hp.

Hide immediately after spawning the rats so you don't get agro. Next look at your map and find the fairy shrine with the fewest enemies near it, right click on its dot on the map to target it, and warp to it. Hit it once with a melee hit if it's safe, then use fairy fire on it, then hide. While fairy fire takes it down, just stay hidden for safety, when Fairy Fire wears off, use fairy fire again, unhide, then rehide. When you cast Fiary Fire, it will reveal you, but it won't unhide you, so make sure to unhide then rehide.

Do this to kill all 3 shrines. If you kill a shrine with Fairy Fire, but don't do any damage melee wise, you won't get credit for the kill, so make sure you do at least 1 point of melee damage to each.

***Update****Edit***
Did some experimenting, you do not have to do melee damage to get credit, you only lose credit if you die or zone while the shrine dies from the DoT

After all 3 die, use /warp succor to get to the zoneline, then zone out.

Finally, target the spirit again and go to him. Hand in the Fairy Dust to finish the mission!

You will not be notified of the experience you receive , just leave the mission after you hand the dust in, it's done. I got 1 AA from it exactly, and it took me over a day to realize it because I didn't check my AA list, just assumed there was no exp. (I was going full AA exp at level 70)
*** Edit ***
The experience given is shown right as you zone out, just above the "Entering Nektulos Forest" zoning message, I missed it the first time.
There are two items you can get from the chest, and you *must* complete the mission to keep them, otherwise they vanish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dark Whisperer
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: Primary Secondary
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 17 Dmg Bonus: 13 (at 66) AC: 12
Effect: Blazing Blade (Combat)
DEX: +9 STA: +9 CHA: +9 WIS: +9 INT: +9 HP:+120 MANA: +115 Endurance: +115
SV DISEASE: +8 SV COLD: +8 SV POISON: +8
WT: 1.7 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR RNG BRD ROG BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 4: Empty

Blazing Blade
Required Level : 65
Spell Effect : Engulfs your weapon with flame causing 100 damage to your target

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Necklace of Containment
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: NECK
AC: 14
STR: +9 STA: +9 WIS: +9 INT: +9 AGI: +9 HP: +120 MANA: +115 Endurance: +115
SV COLD: +8 SV MAGIC: +8 SV POISON: +8
WT: 0.6 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot: 1, type 7: empty

Item Lore: Each bead in this necklace is carved with a dark rune
Item ID: 89207

I would strongly suggest doing this quest with your highest level character! The stats on this item vary with the level of the player that loots it.

After you loot it, since there is no recommended level or required level, you can use the shared bank offset to send these items to an alt if you want.

Hope this helps!

***Update***
There 45 minute lockout time between missions, minus the time it takes you to complete. If you take a friend or two with you and complete this mission in 30 minutes, you have a 15 minute lockout time. Solo it usually takes me about 40-45 mins, so no real downtime. If you leave the mission before you get credit for it, there is no downtime (i.e. you kill a shrine as you die and do not get credit for the shrine, you'll want to leave the mission obviously because there's no point in finishing the rest.)

Last edited:
Ok, how do you get the mission to solo? When i try to get it, it tells me that there aren't enough members in my group to do this mission...

Read the first thing I mention on this walkthrough lol.

Sei-Ryu said:
To do this mission you either need 3 Depths of Darkhollow accessible accounts, or have friends or guildmates with the expansion. You need 3 total party members or more to get this mission.

After you get them to stay in group with you to get the mission, you can have them disband from group so you can run off to do it yourself. I think though they need to stay in the mission so you don't get booted out, however they'll get exp for the mission once you complete it as well, so there's no real reason for them to drop it.

Unfortunately having to find others to group with temporarily is the condition to this =/ . But thankfully it doesn't take much effort.

hehe no problem at all, I'm the same way most of the time =P. I just spent several hours last night doing this mission with 2 friends also, We all got the necklace and I covered about 9 AAs this way. No sword dropped, have only seen it drop once. It's easier if you have all 3 people doing it, but full groups are too encumbering in my opinion. We had a great time farming this thing, and it gets easier as you work together and get more experience doing it. I prefer with 3 people, but have done it several times solo quickly.

We need people like you :) One of the reds, if he doesn't get free access for this for some strange reason, I had a subscription for EQ1 before I won a free year, give him that. It's payed till march 28th.

Sadly as of now this is the only monster mission that I've found that can be soloed. Going to play around with the one in butcherblock with the pirates, and see if we get experience for killing one mob...if so then we'll pretty much be able to just set an egg timer for the time left after killing a mob and go afk for the exp...over all this Queen NokNok's Remains mission is a lot more fun I'd say.

And I finally tried it... I found solo to be a little harder.. so I 2 boxed it just to keep the DPS going :) Worked like a charm. Thanks Sei-Ryu!

Just an update, if you really want to twink out a character with kick ass weapons. Do this mission with a level 61+ to get the Dark Whisperer, and do it again with a level 55 (Not sure if lower, did with a 55 rogue) to get Ornate Shortsword, 15 dmg 20 del, 7 to all stats, 80 hp, 75 mana, 75 end, no recommended or required level. Just use shared offset to transfer both weapons. My level 18 bard had both swords. But if someone asks to inspect, make sure you have two other weapons with you, and hide the uber weps. Say they were mage summoned weapons or something that you had on temporarily and you just destroyed them lol.

Accepted!

Although one of the longer posts I read today it was one of the easiest, good work, nice writeup, nice replies too.

Did this mission, and the final step is optional, xp is given after you zone out, but the last step is to hand in the dust to the Dark Spirit of Nektulos. After I hand the dust to him, I get a "thank you".... and thats it... am I missing something from this step? Or is it just a complete waste of time?

Sei-Ryu said:
:

Check your map! Look at the remains and the Witch Lamps near them, when you think it's safe, use /warp target to warp to the remains without agroing any wisps, then hide immediately. Check around you, when it's safe start beating the remains apart. You may need to hide several times during this to avoid agro. Fairy fire does not work on this chest, and do not try to fight the wisps, they are immune to any damage. If you get agro from a wisp, keep killing the chest. Heal yourself at 40% if multiple wisps come, just stay on the chest until you die. If you die you will respawn at zone in, just /target remains and /warp target again when it's safe. Make sure to heal yourself before you warp. Then finish the chest off. Loot your prize, THEN loot the Fairy Dust.

If you get argo in the cave just run up the wall as far as you can go mobs will just leave you alone after 3 or 4 hit. Same thing if your at the shrines if you go behind them mobs will just leave after a few hits The undead that spawns when they start comming to you /warp succor you can stand there watch them leave then warp back to what shrine you was killing at beat on it more then when undead comes back succor agine and waite for it to leave then /warp back to shrine and you should have killed shrine by the time the undead comes back

thats the way i been doing it

Letmein to add people /taskaddplayer name name being players name
you get 97%aa for this one i 3 box it 2 toons here and i leave 1 att BB mission as there is a 45 min lockout on missions BB one can be done solo and i dont use mq2 for any of them

you get exp in the Pirate mission just by looting 30 chests do all Rogue group. No monster kill needed.

Have done it 20 times only get 25%aa exp though. max 42 chests without kill I think

Done it twice now, and the last spirit shrine will NOT give an update.

So move this to the nerfed section please.

Waste 2 hrs of my life on this shit

Got the sword and necklace for bard but had to quit the task because it was fucking bugged.

God damnnit am I pissed.

Task works fine for me....Made over 40ish aa the past couple days with it. Make sure you're near when shrine dies...only thing I think of....I havent been doing it solo though, mostly full groups etc..

I think they also need to be done in order.

I decided to try again, using Myseq's map ref. says the one closest to the chest is number 1, then 2 up top and 3 on the west.

Worked like a charm. Got my Bard the sword and neck.

And a full AA for 3 lvl 70 toons per misson.

An AA every 45 mins for 6 lvl 70 toons...yeah...I can live with that.

Granted, the loot sucks balls unless for alts...but, the AA every 45 mins is nice if you have bots.

You can not kill the shrines with a DoT while zoning from either death or other reasons. If you do, it wont count the kill on the shrine, making the task impossible to finish.

Something I found out after gaining about 65 AAs from this mission, the more people you have in the mission, the more exp you get from it. With 3 people you get about 97-98% exp at level 70 AA wise, full group I think it's up to 104-105%, This does make a huge difference in the long run, so try to get newbies with the expansion to sit afk or something if you don't have enough friends on. You get more exp this way and they get to piss people off at high end by knowing nothing about the game at level 40 when you're done with them XD. Win/win situation.

As for the shrines, if the any single person of the group is zoning while the last shrine dies, you're screwed. If they die, zone whatever, it cancels out the kill because it makes them appear offline I guess, I dunno. After you're done zoning they can die, just during the zone the shrine must be alive. Sometimes after all 3 shrines die, if someone's zoning after one dies (like outside in PoK or north ro or something) and someone in the mission zones out while they're zoning, they won't get credit for escaping with the dust. To fix this just zone to a different zone than you're in while you're still in the mission, and it will register it and give you the exp.

Been doing this mission since you posted it Sei-Ryu, thanks for posting this. Currently I only use 2 hotkeys:
/warp target
/warp succor
"target" being the remains, or one of the 3 shrines, and "succor"...well self-explanatory.

Shrines dont have to be done in any specific order. You just have to treat them like an exp mob. You have to have registered damage against them when they die, and you have to be within a reasonable distance. If you die while fighting a shrine, you have to re-damage it before it dies, or else it will not register, even if you are next to it.

/target rem
/warp target
*kill it
*loot dust

/target shrine00
/warp target
*cast your dot

/target shrine01
/warp target
*cast your dot

/target shrine02
/warp target
*cast your dot

/warp succor & /fade as needed if you get agro.

rinse repeat till all 3 dead. Ding AA

takes under 15 minutes.. :D

Yeah, that's what I've been doing recently as well, just haven't updated the walkthrough lately. I also found another mission in highkeep you can solo (harder to split the mob at the end though, but have soloed it. Best done with 2-3 people) Link to my walkthrough is here.

yes you can add people to the task, use /taskadd <name>. Also I would like to point out a couple of things here.. The exp is the same if you have 6 peoeple in group or just the 1. All group members do not have to be in the same zone for them to get the exp. So if you are soloing it and have an alt account and some friends that you want to help out on some aa's have them logged in and grouped with you. They can be in guild hall leaching aa's while you do the work. Also the blade that drops there is called the Blade of Woe. If you get agro at the chest while trying to break it open simpley go to the wall behind ya and climb it to the top.. you may have to move side to side up there but the wisps/rats will warp off of you. Also, when you leave the zone after you get the exp message you do not have to turn the dust back to the spirit. If you look in the task window it says (OPT) behind the return part. Meaning it is completely optional. Hope this helps you out some.

Have not seen it mentioned ( may have missed it) . I usually 2box these. so what I do is get a guildie to afk in pok and invite him so that I can get the task. Then once the task is added. I log off my 2 toons and load up two alts on the same accounts ( one at a time so I can swap task leader ) . /addtask them, do the mission with them... get their AA's for completing the task, then log to original two and they also get their AA's for still being in the task. :p

This is no different than any other instanced zone. I have stopped taking the risks until things settle down, but if you run bard macros or the like with warping in instanced zones, this has just as much risk as those.

what i mean is are people still using it now? Is it traceable , already had one account banned this week but this sounds like a nice levelling option. but i dont want to lose another account

I haven't seen any bans yet from bard macro, and I've used this strategy several times since the patches, but in the last several days I've been laying low. It still appears to be safe, but I can't put a guarantee on it.

Why take a chance and risk it?

I mean the exp is the same in wc.. takes 10 min tops *USING NO /WARP*
for 3 people.

And there are *always* plenty of peolple around.

It's nuts to risk /warping around solo in an mm when you don't have to.

Sometimes we get so involved in trying to use the MQ2 /warps and /gates and etc. that playing straight up is ignored.

Well not *STRAIGHT* up...

I have the map, the hud, you know :D ... but I mean, without /warp /zone /gate etc.

$ony will never be able to get you for the passive things in mq2.

EverQuest: Solo Queen NokNok's Remains Mission quickly and efficiently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back