• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Everquest Not Responding (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,376¢
So I'm getting this issue come up relatively regularly- I run a 6 box crew, it's a mix of KA and CWTN plugins when I use MQ2, and KA/RGMercs when I run MQNext. It happens with both versions (not tried with no MQ at all because ohgodno).

Every couple of hours one or more of my toons will be "not responding" in task manager and I can't switch to their window. All other toons think they are still logged in. This has also happened to a toon logged into POK running no macros whatsoever (wizzy for ports).

As you can imagine, this is especially annoying if my healer does this, or if the tank does this when I'm pulling with the bard, as it can lead to a wipe. Has anyone else had this issue? Seems to be a recent thing for me, happened since maybe 2 (EQ) updates ago. I do have Bitdefender running but I excluded the EQ and MQ2 folders. Not sure of anything else that might affect it?

So I'm getting this issue come up relatively regularly- I run a 6 box crew, it's a mix of KA and CWTN plugins when I use MQ2, and KA/RGMercs when I run MQNext. It happens with both versions (not tried with no MQ at all because ohgodno).

Every couple of hours one or more of my toons will be "not responding" in task manager and I can't switch to their window. All other toons think they are still logged in. This has also happened to a toon logged into POK running no macros whatsoever (wizzy for ports).

As you can imagine, this is especially annoying if my healer does this, or if the tank does this when I'm pulling with the bard, as it can lead to a wipe. Has anyone else had this issue? Seems to be a recent thing for me, happened since maybe 2 (EQ) updates ago. I do have Bitdefender running but I excluded the EQ and MQ2 folders. Not sure of anything else that might affect it?
i've been seeing a few more folks msg me with directx / eq game crashes lately, and i don't know if this is the cause, but appears related to them doing a windows update - doing a reinstall of the dx9 june 2010 redist has helped a couple.

this might be useless info - but it is something that has come up for a handful of folks over the last two weeks

Directx 9.0c June 2010 Redist (Windows 10 comes with a stripped-down version)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Cheers, I'll give it a go, Windows has been doing it's updatey thing, so who knows what it has b0rked. Maybe an nvidia driver issue too somewhere.

One of the weirdest errors (happened twice) has been mod keys being permanently pressed down (as far as I can tell) so I can't even /camp - it will do things like open the combat ability window, bazaar, flip between windowed and not, and unload MQNext (even though I used MQNext/mq2autologin to login)

Cheers, I'll give it a go, Windows has been doing it's updatey thing, so who knows what it has b0rked. Maybe an nvidia driver issue too somewhere.

One of the weirdest errors (happened twice) has been mod keys being permanently pressed down (as far as I can tell) so I can't even /camp - it will do things like open the combat ability window, bazaar, flip between windowed and not, and unload MQNext (even though I used MQNext/mq2autologin to login)
Ghosts for sure then

Problem - Everquest Not Responding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back