• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the issue is you’re asking questions in the form of statements (with a question mark at the end) which reads as “isn’t it obvious” which might be different from the way you intend.

MQ isn’t just memory offsets though (and even if it were, we would only have access to the 32 bit space). Regardless of all that, you can’t execute 32 bit code in a 64 bit process without some inter process communication which would not work in this case.

I just saw Mule post a bunch of stuff about MQ64. Is this something new that I missed? Is it different than MQNext?

If I’ve missed something forgive my ignorance here.

I just saw Mule post a bunch of stuff about MQ64. Is this something new that I missed? Is it different than MQNext?

MQ64 is what mule is calling the MQ2 Legacy version of the 64bit client if/when dbg goes through with that.

MacroQuest will still be MacroQuest

per the "2022 roadmap"

64bit will be live February 2022

• February:
    • 64-Bit Servers and Clients Release to Live Servers

per the "2022 roadmap"

64bit will be live February 2022

• February:
    • 64-Bit Servers and Clients Release to Live Servers
O Boy.. That can't give you guys much time to port over. Rizlona going to DoN expansion also in Feb talk about crappy timing.

I downloaded it for Test and it works-ish. It can do autologin and has the MQ2 command window. But obviously no plugins yet. Any macros I ran crashed the game.

Will the 64-bit client interfere with MQ2 and/or macros/plugins?
Indeed. Moved your question to the stickied thread about it.

It is going to require a significant about of work by the mq devs.

Consider showing tossing a cup of coffee (in the form of a way to purchase said coffee, not actually tossing scalding coffee on these lads) to one of the MQ devs - RedGuides users: @brainiac and @dannuic

To keep our favorite software modernized and updated, please consider contributing.

brainiac's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/donate-to-mq2-dev-brainiac.71209/

dannuic's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/tip-the-mq2-dev-dannuic.75656/

Thank you!

As someone who vaguely understands that computers run on the magic lightning what's been caged by wizards at the power company: Thank you very much for updating this software.
I donated to both, $500 each. There's an extra 500 in it for ya each once it's working. If you get it up by the weekend (It's a 5 day weekend over here, woo hoo lunar new year...) and PM me your address I'll fax you the very next 3090 I find for sale (uh, just one of you though, whoever sends address first).

As someone who vaguely understands that computers run on the magic lightning what's been caged by wizards at the power company: Thank you very much for updating this software.
I donated to both, $500 each. There's an extra 500 in it for ya each once it's working. If you get it up by the weekend (It's a 5 day weekend over here, woo hoo lunar new year...) and PM me your address I'll fax you the very next 3090 I find for sale (uh, just one of you though, whoever sends address first).

Someone give this guy lifetime access to all the things.

How long do we have before Live goes 64bit? I read it was coming in February but does anyone know when?

--Taz
Just FYI, but the monthly patch is *always* the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Only exception is usually around something major like an expansion drop. But it's pretty easy to play around 3rd wednesday.

Accendo said:
64-bit servers and clients are going live next week on February 15, 2022! We're planning on starting the update at 6:00 a.m. PST*. Downtime is expected to last approximately 8 hours. Please be sure to check out the article for the details and then prepare your systems if they need it. Most are already technologically prepared, but we definitely don't want this to be a surprise for anyone who might not be ready. If you want to make sure you'll be able to run EverQuest after the release, you can check it out now on the Test Server.

Your DBG Valentines Day Gift is months of game bugging, unexpected crashes & downtime, and of course VV going down for a bit...

leave me alone crying GIF by Muxxi
Heart Love GIF by Muxxi
sad valentines day GIF

Though the ending may be good the beginning and the middle is going to suck more than Jenna Haze on a Friday. May the devs be well tipped and the servers have extra mice. I would pay for a fast forward button to get through this next several days.

And here comes the ultimate 64-bit (temporary) ban wave.... I wonder how much of the population dropped on Test after the patch to 64. I know I went back twice but without MQNext... there was no quality of life for me there. I wonder how much it will drop across the live servers until RG's is back in play.

This patch to 64bit will kick MQ'ers off live servers and could be the ultimate litmus test across Live servers as to how much revenue could be lost IF they did come back later and ban us all.

:(

And here comes the ultimate 64-bit (temporary) ban wave.... I wonder how much of the population dropped on Test after the patch to 64. I know I went back twice but without MQNext... there was no quality of life for me there. I wonder how much it will drop across the live servers until RG's is back in play.

This patch to 64bit will kick MQ'ers off and could server as the ultimate litmus test across Live servers as to how much revenue could be lost if they did come back and ban us.

It sounds like this is how you feel about VV/MQ ... lol ... In the words of Barry White

I was feeling down about what DBG is throwing at us the other day, but Sic reminded me that we're more prepared now than ever. And it's true, we've never had this kind of talent, and never had a community so active.

I was feeling down about what DBG is throwing at us the other day, but Sic reminded me that we're more prepared now than ever.
Time re-distribute wealth from DBG subs to Gym Membership...lol...

This is how much Redbot <3 u ... lol.....You're gonna miss my bottin'...

I for one am not looking forward to this. I fear it's going to be FUBAR and not the normal SNAFU...It wouldn't be so bad if they did it in a few months. I could sit in my pool drinking beers with my pup and not care about the down time.

This patch to 64bit will kick MQ'ers off live servers and could be the ultimate litmus test across Live servers as to how much revenue could be lost IF they did come back later and ban us all.

Presumably devs have most of the info they need from Test, to recompile Live?

At least, I assume that's partly how they usually get Live "patched" pretty quickly... prior legwork

hahaha hours..... hahahaha

... I think we're closer to measuring it in days/weeks, bud.

Although Brainiac voted an hour.... either he's trollin like a troll, or he's got some insider info!

Presumably devs have most of the info they need from Test, to recompile Live?

At least, I assume that's partly how they usually get Live "patched" pretty quickly... prior legwork
As far as DPG devs are concerned I'm going to go with they have next to no direct player contributed data from test, they may have server-side data from client collection but most of the players on test that contribute real data have been unable to really play since the 64-bit patch. This is due to various factors including increased resource usage by the client reducing playability. This is compounded by the fact that it is such a big change it's been impossible to get a VV Compile up and running so the game becomes playable for boxers. With MQ I can box 6-12 clients np at all prior to 64-bit launch, post 64-bit launch without MQ I can barely load much less play 5 accounts. Given the suspension and ban waves, I'm not sure I'll feel safe enough to continue playing the game, but I guess I'll see how I really feel once MQ is back up and running.

As far as DPG devs are concerned I'm going to go with they have next to no direct player contributed data from test, they may have server-side data from client collection but most of the players on test that contribute real data have been unable to really play since the 64-bit patch. This is due to various factors including increased resource usage by the client reducing playability. This is compounded by the fact that it is such a big change it's been impossible to get a VV Compile up and running so the game becomes playable for boxers. With MQ I can box 6-12 clients np at all prior to 64-bit launch, post 64-bit launch without MQ I can barely load much less play 5 accounts. Given the suspension and ban waves, I'm not sure I'll feel safe enough to continue playing the game, but I guess I'll see how I really feel once MQ is back up and running.
Just curious, is your issue with loading more of them a result of not having some of the tools like the frame limiter in MQ, or a result of just that much more resources?

I was feeling down about what DBG is throwing at us the other day, but Sic reminded me that we're more prepared now than ever. And it's true, we've never had this kind of talent, and never had a community so active.
This community is amazing! So many helpful and extremely talented coders here. My earlier poll post wasn't meant to cause any negativity. It was just in fun and attempts to bring some laughs to us all. I have no doubt VV will be running quick and more stable than the actual EQ client itself! 🍻

Just curious, is your issue with loading more of them a result of not having some of the tools like the frame limiter in MQ, or a result of just that much more resources?
I want to say both, but at this point, I'm not sure. They use too many resources, mainly GPU to the point my thermals go through the roof and I get stuttering due to pinned GPU. 1700x with 1080Ti and 32GB of 3200 MHZ RAM in case you were wondering. A pretty old machine at this point.

I want to say both, but at this point, I'm not sure. They use too many resources, mainly GPU to the point my thermals go through the roof and I get stuttering due to pinned GPU. 1700x with 1080Ti and 32GB of 3200 MHZ RAM in case you were wondering. A pretty old machine at this point.
Thanks! I've seen mixed information about this. Guess I'll have to do my own testing. I was genuinely curious. I get vastly different performance profiles on live and emu. So with all of the varying information been curious with the 64-Bit transition. That's still a pretty good rig for EQ though so I'm a little surprised that it's hogging that much to cause issues. But I know the frame limiter helps quite a bit.

Try turning the Frame Limiter on in Next, it literally makes all instances apart from the driver use zero gpu but has no negative impact on automation

(I was referring to RG Devs having some/most of the info they need from Test)

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back