• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EverQuest displays too many things and stuff disappears? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
121¢
why does everything go blank when i open the map and try to click on other things like load a spell gem with the right click option on the gem window chat goes blank, this was happening before the patch today but now its hitting all windows. i dont know if this is happening for anyone else but its kind annoying to have to close the map to look at other windows when using the map to naviget places

Solution
why does everything go blank when i open the map and try to click on other things like load a spell gem with the right click option on the gem window chat goes blank, this was happening before the patch today but now its hitting all windows. i dont know if this is happening for anyone else but its kind annoying to have to close the map to look at other windows when using the map to naviget places
this is an eq display limitation - you are displaying more things than eq can display.

so if you turned off names, for example, you'd likely fall below that "amount of stuff to display" threshold and then go back to normal.

you can replicate this without MQ if you have a very large bank filled with items

Sic

:)
RedCents
32,717¢
this is an eq display limitation - you are displaying more things than eq can display.

so if you turned off names, for example, you'd likely fall below that "amount of stuff to display" threshold and then go back to normal.

you can replicate this without MQ if you have a very large bank filled with items

Solution
RedCents
3,218¢

Wow could never figure out why this happened. And it’s been happening a lot more lately. Started thinking the display issue (thought it was nvidia driver related) was getting worse. So the best solution to turn off names?

Sic

:)
RedCents
32,717¢
Wow could never figure out why this happened. And it’s been happening a lot more lately. Started thinking the display issue (thought it was nvidia driver related) was getting worse. So the best solution to turn off names?
That is one way to lower the amount of "stuff drawn.

Names, map labels, etc. Anything that draws less stuff.

Remember it is an eq limitation

Sum1

Warriors are inferior (read: crybaby) tanks
RedCents
4,352¢
/hidecorpse

That usually helps, but some zones (ferrett, the dream (sp)) will always cause when you open the map with default settings. Another easy one to toggle off is “/mapf ground”

RedCents
90¢
Currently running 3 characters, but even if its only a single person logged in the UI will get really bugged out when purchasing anything or Advanced loot popping up and stuff basically starts blanking out entirely. Reload UI fixes for a moment but quickly returns to broken.

Only happens with MQ is running > Anyone else encounter this?

Users who are viewing this thread