• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Ever quest crashing on one character not related to MQ2 just an observation. (1 Viewer)

drawthow

RedCents
1,040¢
This morning when setting the portal in the GH I crashed. I was not able to get back in with the toon for over 30 min. The wife could log in with her PC no problems. I deleted all ini files for the character and was able to log in with no problems. Does anyone ever experience this?

I have. I deleted the UI ini file for the toon and was able to get back in. Some kind of bug that's not liking anything custom done with the UI I think.

Yes, but a little different. Over the last couple of weeks I have had a few random "freeze" type crashes. One character (not always the same one) will just freeze and disconnect. The screen will stay frozen and the character screen will eventually just disappear. If I relog the character right away EQ will have to remove the character and relog him. I looked at my character logs to see if something was happening at the time of the random disconnect but that seemed random as well. Sometimes character was just medding, sometimes mid fight and sometimes while buffing so seemed totally random. I got no crash logs since it would just freeze, then disappear. I use KA, ISBoxer and "Simple Stice" Custom UI and throw in what my computer might be doing I figured it was probably not KA since that would be running fine on the other toons. I was just hoping maybe the next patch when everything gets updated it would stop. It is just weird since sometimes it will go trouble free for 6+ hours and other times characters will crash twice in a 2 hour period. I never thought to check to see if there is an update to the UI I am using so I will try that now. Thanks for the suggestion, AnotherJohn

Update: Had a Windows update, had Isboxer update and I updated my "Simple Stice" UI and after about 2 hours of playing time I had a character freeze and drop off line. So whatever it is, it is still happening :(

Last edited:
I have noticed when I zone in with my first character to the guild hall I will always freeze and crash. All the other characters can enter fine and if you relog the crashed toon he has no problem. Seems like when you regenerate your guild hall it causes it.

Just a little after I posted this message all 6 toons crashed at the exact same time. I could not log them in on my PC had no trouble logging them in on my wife's pc. Deleted the eq directory and reloaded and rebuilt the ini files. They seem to be ok now.

Discussion - Ever quest crashing on one character not related to MQ2 just an observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back