• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside (1 Viewer)

So it looks like a valid Trademark intent to use, both are. EoA is for EQ2 and LS for us EQ1. A bard related expansion name? A new NPC? Laurion doesn't bring up anything. Water based expansion with Sirens maybe?

Hobbit expansion...that's what's needed

lord of the rings eating GIF

If following the same regurgitating of old lore zones, and mobs, what would you like to see in a future expansion?

I'd personally like to see new threats emerge from Planes of Power. Would be wild to see PoTime at current gear level difficulty.

If following the same regurgitating of old lore zones, and mobs, what would you like to see in a future expansion?

I'd personally like to see new threats emerge from Planes of Power. Would be wild to see PoTime at current gear level difficulty.
It would follow the rest of their recycled expansions.

Ruckus in the Planes
Trouble in Time

You guys are not following the lore that was written in 2002 just before the Planes of Power were released... do none of you remember way back when?

In the vast and treacherous Reef of Coirnav, where shimmering depths and powerful currents ruled, there existed a creature of immense power and cunning named Laurion. Laurion was not just any monster but a legendary being, feared and respected by denizens of the plane and adventurers alike.

Born from the essence of the primordial waters, Laurion possessed a serpentine body, adorned with gleaming scales that shimmered with every movement. Its eyes were like orbs of deep sapphire, sparkling with an otherworldly intelligence. Legends spoke of its ability to manipulate the very essence of water, commanding raging torrents and summoning massive waves with a mere flick of its tail.

Laurion dwelled within a hidden grotto deep beneath the tumultuous surface of the Reef of Coirnav. The grotto was an enchanting sanctuary, with luminescent corals and vibrant sea flora creating an otherworldly beauty. But the serenity of the place was merely a façade, as Laurion ruled with an iron fist, fiercely protecting its domain from any intruders.

Adventurers who dared to venture into the Reef of Coirnav soon learned of the tales surrounding Laurion. They spoke of its vast hoard of precious treasures collected from sunken ships and ancient ruins. It was said that the very water itself obeyed Laurion's will, and many believed that gaining its favor would grant immeasurable power.

But entering Laurion's grotto was no easy feat. The waters surrounding it were filled with deadly creatures, guardians of the monster's domain. Vicious water elementals, razor-toothed sharks, and relentless sea serpents lurked in every shadow, ready to defend their master.

The few brave adventurers who successfully braved the dangers and reached Laurion's sanctuary were greeted with a sight that simultaneously inspired awe and terror. The immense chamber, filled with crystal-clear water, had an ethereal glow. The walls were adorned with shimmering pearls, and golden trinkets lined the floor, glimmering with an enticing radiance.

As the adventurers approached, Laurion emerged from the depths, its majestic form casting a towering shadow upon them. Its voice resonated like the crashing of waves, commanding respect and striking fear into their hearts. It questioned their purpose and demanded they prove their worthiness to stand before it.

Laurion was a creature of tests and trials, always seeking to measure the strength and resolve of those who sought its treasures. It challenged adventurers to overcome its elemental guardians, solve intricate puzzles, and display unwavering determination. Many failed, consumed by the unrelenting forces of water or driven mad by the mind-bending riddles.

Yet, a select few proved their mettle, proving themselves worthy in Laurion's eyes. These chosen individuals were granted an audience with the mighty monster, and there, they were presented with a choice. They could accept a fraction of Laurion's power, imbued with the ability to control water itself, or they could walk away, knowing they had faced the ultimate challenge and emerged victorious.

Those who accepted Laurion's gift became known as the "Disciples of the Serpent," wielding newfound powers that allowed them to shape water to their will. They became the envoys of Laurion, entrusted with the responsibility to maintain the delicate balance of power within the Reef of Coirnav.

Its really just a money thing. They probably have data that shows level increase expansions sell better.

there's got to be a decay to the sales rate each time they just do a carbon copy of the last one similar (be it lvl increase xpac , or the one to follow with no increase, but has the ""progressive spells"")

a true unique one would be refreshing.. but highly unlikely

there's got to be a decay to the sales rate each time they just do a carbon copy of the last one similar (be it lvl increase xpac , or the one to follow with no increase, but has the ""progressive spells"")

a true unique one would be refreshing.. but highly unlikely

Its an art issue. If i remember correctly with the current art team it takes like 6months to a year to create 1 zone.

Given that they make 3-4 times the revenue they spend on EQ one would think they could easily fix this issue but guess not.

Its an art issue. If i remember correctly with the current art team it takes like 6months to a year to create 1 zone.

Given that they make 3-4 times the revenue they spend on EQ one would think they could easily fix this issue but guess not.

yeah exactly.. this is what i dont get.. they say how big the EQ playerbase is and how good revenue is.. but yet they only use it to milk their general revenue and not really re-invest into it.. so many opportunities within EQ still untapped or under-resourced..

yeah exactly.. this is what i dont get.. they say how big the EQ playerbase is and how good revenue is.. but yet they only use it to milk their general revenue and not really re-invest into it.. so many opportunities within EQ still untapped or under-resourced..
Big wigs have to buy a new boat.....

With that said, I have gone without pay myself just to ensure I don't have to lay people off when things get dicey with the budget. But I guess I am in the minority with how I run my company... :shrug:

Big wigs have to buy a new boat.....

With that said, I have gone without pay myself just to ensure I don't have to lay people off when things get dicey with the budget. But I guess I am in the minority with how I run my company... :shrug:
My boss did that during Covid. While we all had late paychecks, never more than 2 weeks late, he went 6-ish months before finally taking a paycheck himself to ensure we were paid before the loans kicked in.

Damn you and your research!!!! My chatgpt story was perfect!!!!

Me: Can you tell me a detailed story about a character named Laurion who was a monster in the Plane of Water from Everquest Planes of Power expansion?

ChatGPT: Certainly! Here's a detailed story about a character named Laurion, who was a monster in the Plane of Water from the EverQuest Planes of Power expansion:

It then spit out what I copied and pasted above. I changed Plane of Water to Reef of Coirnav because I forgot the actual name of the zone, and wanted to be correct to be plausible...

Damn you and your research!!!! My chatgpt story was perfect!!!!

Me: Can you tell me a detailed story about a character named Laurion who was a monster in the Plane of Water from Everquest Planes of Power expansion?

ChatGPT: Certainly! Here's a detailed story about a character named Laurion, who was a monster in the Plane of Water from the EverQuest Planes of Power expansion:

It then spit out what I copied and pasted above. I changed Plane of Water to Reef of Coirnav because I forgot the actual name of the zone, and wanted to be correct to be plausible...
lol, well the link for the Trademark was in the first post, and any search for Laurion song and eq or Reef, etc.. all brought up only this site and your post directly.../giggle. WTG search engines though for indexing our RG posts that fast..is Google a member of RG?

How long do you think it is before a machine learning model can code expansions on its own?

I am betting 3-4 years down the road, expansion content will improve. With less effort from coders we might see new content, 3.0 epics, unique quests, or at the very least, something exciting to play. Also, we are all addicted already and will pay for whatever they release - even if its only costs are server maintenance and the machine learning license.

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back