• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - eqgame.exe Entry point not found error MQ2Main.dll (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,629¢
I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere but I was unable to find it. But, anywho ...I am having issues loading Everquest and I am receiving the following error window every time I try to load a toon.MQ2Main.dll Error.png

LIke I said, I don't know if this was being discussed elsewhere but I just wanted to let you know what was going on and if this is something that has a fix or waiting on a fix? Thanks!!! I checked and the .dll file is in the folder that is stated in the error. Also, when I load a chararacter in-game, there is no MQ2 Window or any of the windows that normally load automatically. Thanks again for you assistance.

Last edited:
Solution
Go to your EverQuest directory and look for anything that is also in your macroquest directory. This is probably your root cause. Something like imgui-64.dll in your EverQuest folder
I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere but I was unable to find it. But, anywho ...I am having issues loading Everquest and I am receiving the following error window every time I try to load a toon.View attachment 43969

LIke I said, I don't know if this was being discussed elsewhere but I just wanted to let you know what was going on and if this is something that has a fix or waiting on a fix? Thanks!!!
this looks like you are either a: not updated or b: you are trying to run a wrong version of MQ (like test for live or live for test) are either of those things possible?

this looks like you are either a: not updated or b: you are trying to run a wrong version of MQ (like test for live or live for test) are either of those things possible?
Neither of those are the case, I updated everything MQ2, Plugins, Macros, Luas, etc. and Everquest was updated prior to loading MQ Launcher. What can I safely delete and reinstall to see if this take care of the problem?

I have not changed anything but I will look and make sure and get back to you. I was not doing it before the last update.
Everything has been checked and I disabled my Firewall and other Norton 360 protections and I am still getting the same error message. Can I delete MQ2Mail.dll and then will it fix it with by running the launcher again? Grasping at straws now because I have not changed a thing since before and after the update but this is what started when I logged into EQ after loading MQ2 and EQBCS Server. I don't recall having any of these issues last night, so it is something that changed today. This problem is keeping anything involving Macroquest from working.

Everything has been checked and I disabled my Firewall and other Norton 360 protections and I am still getting the same error message. Can I delete MQ2Mail.dll and then will it fix it with by running the launcher again? Grasping at straws now because I have not changed a thing since before and after the update but this is what started when I logged into EQ after loading MQ2 and EQBCS Server. I don't recall having any of these issues last night, so it is something that changed today. This problem is keeping anything involving Macroquest from working.
yep, can give it a whirl.

if it was something like mq2coolplugin.dll failing, then we'd tell you that your plugin is out of date, but since it is mq2main.dll that is having that issue it leads me to believe what was suggested earlier - hopefully some other folks have some input that might help

When I log into EQ I get this random eqgame.exe - Entry Point Not Found error. It doesn't prevent the game from working or anything, it just pops up when the game is loading up. I normally use EQplaynice and autologin that way, but have gotten it the other way loading up also. I'm sure it is something simple, and probably related to something within one of my INI's but wanted to just bring it up to you attention and let you all know about it.

Rich (BB code):
The procedure entry point ?GetAltAbilityIndex@EQ_PC@EQClasses@@QAEHH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library MQ2Main.dll
I can not use anything! No MQ2 Window, no plugins or Macros work ...NADA!!

I can not use anything! No MQ2 Window, no plugins or Macros work ...NADA!!
you can ignore that "original post" - it got merged in this thread and shouldn't have.

you need to do the reinstall on the launcher, there is a file in there that isn't updated which is likely the imgui64.dll --- you can either reinstall or just delete that then reinstall

you can ignore that "original post" - it got merged in this thread and shouldn't have.

you need to do the reinstall on the launcher, there is a file in there that isn't updated which is likely the imgui64.dll --- you can either reinstall or just delete that then reinstall
Deleted both of those files and reinstalled Launcher ...still getting the same error. It is really annoying because nothing else works at all with this error. I am at a loss what to do ...have all these great tools, many paid for, and unable to use any of them. What it was is two things ...1 - I had my Macroquest installed in my Everquest Directory (it has always been there, just lucky it has not caused issues before now). 2 - the file that you mentioned earlier imgui64.dll was duped within the Everquest folder and was conflicting with the one in the Macroquest folder and because I had my Macroquest installed in the wrong place, it was causing the whole freaking problem. So, thanks goes out to you and Brainiac for helping me to resolve this issue and it is much appreciated.

Last edited:
why are we in a thread from 2017?

you don't need to reinstall your launcher, the launcher isn't what the problem is. your MQ directory is corrupted. need to update or install to new folder. whats your directory look like?

You should ensure that your Macroquest and plugins are both updated at the same time. If you update one without updating the other it could cause a mismatch.

You should ensure you don't have a duplicate Macroquest on your computer and are launching the incorrect one (IE: Use the launcher to launch Macroquest).

Make sure Everquest is not running with macroquest loaded when you are trying to do your update. You cannot update files that are currently in use.

You should ensure you are not using some sort of Syncing software, like dropbox/OneDrive/etc as those have a tendency to lock files when syncing, preventing you from updating correctly.

If you have both Live and Test versions of Macroquest installed on your computer, make sure their install directories are not the same. As it could cause the same error.
I am good with A-E above on all counts and I am still getting this error. I don't know what else to do. I have done everything that I have been told to do by those in the know!

why are we in a thread from 2017?

you don't need to reinstall your launcher, the launcher isn't what the problem is. your MQ directory is corrupted. need to update or install to new folder. whats your directory look like?
1670470887366.png

I didn't change anything when the update was released so I am not sure what is or got corrupted! As to where this was posted, I just found a post with the seemingly same issue and added to it. Sorry

Go to your EverQuest directory and look for anything that is also in your macroquest directory. This is probably your root cause. Something like imgui-64.dll in your EverQuest folder

Solution
The default install location for MacroQuest should work fine. As brainiac said, keep it out of your EQ folder.

A complete uninstall and reinstall should be fine, and please use default folders.

The default install location for MacroQuest should work fine. As brainiac said, keep it out of your EQ folder.

A complete uninstall and reinstall should be fine, and please use default folders.
Thank you very much!! My 63 year old brain and head trauma makes things a little harder for me sometimes. I appreciate your patience and thanks to SiC as well for trying to do the best he could to help me to figure this out as well.

Problem - eqgame.exe Entry point not found error MQ2Main.dll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back