• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQBCS (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,556¢
Ok, ive read the other threads, and normally i can solve issues like this but this one has me stumped.

for months ive had it working no problem, but there was a windows update 2 days ago and now it simply wont work

EQBCS shows its loaded, shows its connected. but will not communicate between computers.

have closed it all, uninstalled VV/EQBCS and redone it all. rebooted computers multiple times. added a dedicated port in my router.
will post the steps i do atm(and did before no problem)
load VV patcher, check for update on plugins/macro sections. then checkbox for eqbcs checked and click load MQ2 (now eqbcs has NEVER actually opened the window as it did on a friends when i installed on his)
right click the MQ2 icon on taskbar and "start eqbc server (main computer first. in pop up i have main computers IP, and the default port. after fresh install of VV i "installed" eqbc. now i just click start)
after main computer has "started" i load VV patcher on each other computer(3 computers total), check updates then launch, then start eqbc server on each. validate the IP is correct and "start" on the second and 3rd computer.

now i patch eq and load.
in game /bccmd connect ???.???.?.??? 2112
/bccmd /reconnect ???.???.?.??? 2112

now before today i didnt have to do the connect/reconnect each time only the first time after rebooting computers. Before today i would get a Echo: charname has joined. charname,charname2,charname3 are in channel.

and any /bct, /bcga commands worked flawlessly. yesterday and today, it shows im connected. ive even /bccmd quit. then /bccmd connect and shows same
#connecting to ???.???.?.??? 2112
#connected.
and no broadcast commands work at all, not even to accounts on THIS computer

Dedicated port in your router would be for external connections. Has no affect on internal traffic. How did you start EQBCS? From the patcher with the launch with MQ? If so and you've not setup an EQBCS.ini with the correct info if can cause problems. When you launch EQBCS what ip does it say it's listening on. It should say 0.0.0.0 if you want communication between multiple computers on the same network.

Have you set a static ip for the PC eqbcs is running on? If not it can change every power outage or if you turn a computer or device on your network off long enough for its dhcp lease to expire. Open a command prompt and type in
INI:
ipconfig /all
and see if your ip address still matches your /bccmd connect ip

I have the IP on the primary compter set to maintain same IP always, others are whatever is assigned.

As i posted i load eqbc by right clicking the mq2 icon on taskbar and start eqbc server.

No when the box opens it doesnt list 0.0.0.0, i reset it to the IP of the main compter as the eqbcs post on the forums said to. And for months it worked fine. 2 days ago windows patched and there was a update to VV, hasnt worked since

@arander did you happen to update to Windows 10, version 2004. My computer updated to 2004 with out my permission on the 29 and now I'm missing eqbcs chat service. It not even listed in the windows service and i don't know how to reinstall it. I had problems with eqbc till i got the service then i never had to full with it again. On top of that my anti viruses ran out so i uninstalled it and now windows defender has taken over. Can't find a way to turn it off and i know nothing about the settings. If no one has mentioned it you might want to check your fire wall settings.

I am having the same issues as OP now after a patch. The chars just say #connected but none of the /bc commands are working to other boxes, just for the box that issued the command.

My ini shows:
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=0.0.0.0

when I do /bccmd status it shows:
MQ2Eqbc Status ONLINE - 127.0.0.1 -2112
Allow Control ON, Auto Connect ON
IRC Compact Mode ON, Reconnect ON:(every 15 secs)

I used to auto connect for a couple years and recently it has forced me to open the EQBCS.exe and hit the Standalone button.

MQ2>Release>EQBCS.exe

1632229335828.png

It takes up another Window slot across the bottom of icons, but it does allow me to connect properly.
1632229454110.png

The RG launcher doesn't work for me or at least the settings I had before I took a few months break this summer and came back recently.

Once this is in Standalone, you can log on your characters and they will autoconnect if you have it toggled.

If not type these commands to ensure they connect.

/plugin mq2eqbc
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1
/bccmd toggle Autoconnect

I got it to work but the only thing I did differently was manually close EQBCS process and then ran it with admin privileges. I thought that was done when running it from RG patcher but something was off.

EQBCS doesn’t need to be run as administrator, there’s nothing that it’s doing that requires admin privileges and the plugin uses winsock to connect. It’s more likely that force closing and reopening fixed whatever issue you were having.

Last edited:
Problem - EQBCS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back