• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
EQBCS.exe (EverQuest Box Chat Server)

Software EQBCS.exe (EverQuest Box Chat Server) 2019-02-05

RedCents
2,156¢
So if I type:

Code:
/bcg //echo test of 50%
The toons that is sent to will crash. In fact any bc command sent requesting a toon execute a command with a % in it seems to crash the toons it's sent to.

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
Last edited:
RedCents
1,151¢
@s0rcier reporting that the line,

/bct all //if ($\{Me.Pet.ID}) /multiline ; /tar id $\{Me.Pet.ID} ; /say arm yourself ; /say pet buff me ;

stopped working as of last patch.
Unparsable in Calculation $
failed to parse /if condition ($\{Me.Pet.ID}), non-numeric encountered...

the \ doesnt do the trick anymore!

RedCents
1,151¢

i can confirm the issue is with eqbcs.exe (server side, not with the plugin itself)

eqbcs-eqmule is not working with the rof2 emu version...

thanks

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
Redbot submitted a new resource:

EQBCS.exe (EverQuest Box Chat Server) - The server for MQ2EQBC

EQ Box Chat allows you to issue commands to any or all of your characters from your main window, making multi-boxing much easier.

It consists of two parts:
1) The server. You are here :)
2) The client. Find that here. It's a plugin that you run on each character.

To start the server, right-click your MQ2 icon and select "Start EQBC Server"

View attachment 15837

Then click "Standalone"...
Read more about this resource...

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
@jimbob, @s0rcier tells me that escaped characters are not working in this version of EQBCS, though he'd prefer to use it as it's much more stable ;)

RedCents
1,151¢
Code:
/bct all //if ($\{Me.Pet.ID}) /multiline ; /tar id $\{Me.Pet.ID} ; /say arm yourself ; /say pet buff me ;

Look like server is not stripping escape character as eqbcs2 and eqbcs-eqmule does...

thanks

RedCents
4,253¢
i was able to get
Code:
/bcga //multiline ; /bcga Ring at $\{FindItem[Amethyst Ring].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Boots at $\{FindItem[Efreeti Boots].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Gloves at $\{FindItem[White].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Shoulders at $\{FindItem[Weighted Tabard].Evolving.ExpPct}
to report, but it does spam alot, also I use jimbobs eqbc, since i dont get issues with it

RedCents
1,151¢
i was able to get
Code:
/bcga //multiline ; /bcga Ring at $\{FindItem[Amethyst Ring].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Boots at $\{FindItem[Efreeti Boots].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Gloves at $\{FindItem[White].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Shoulders at $\{FindItem[Weighted Tabard].Evolving.ExpPct}
to report, but it does spam alot
those are working fine with eqbcs2 and eqbcs-eqmule but not with eqbcs.exe (well not on emu)

jimbob

RedCents
1,858¢
I will look into it tonight. I don't think I implemented anything for escaped characters. It shouldn't be difficult to add support though. There are still a couple bugs I need to fix too.

So, I got delayed a few days, but I added some support for escaped characters. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but if there's a willing volunteer or two, I'll happily post it!

Attachments

Last edited:

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
ok, moving this report to the server thread

RedCents
164¢
Jimbob, I tried the test update and find if I ran it as a service. The CPU utilization is about 10-15% for me. Which is quite high, since my eq instance is less than 10% when the game window is infront.

RedCents
1,140¢
I will look into it tonight. I don't think I implemented anything for escaped characters. It shouldn't be difficult to add support though. There are still a couple bugs I need to fix too.

So, I got delayed a few days, but I added some support for escaped characters. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but if there's a willing volunteer or two, I'll happily post it!
I use the older eqbcs.exe still, i'll give this a shot this weekend and let you know..

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
Jimbob, I tried the test update and find if I ran it as a service. The CPU utilization is about 10-15% for me. Which is quite high, since my eq instance is less than 10% when the game window is infront.
I'm not seeing much difference. What did the old EQBCS take?

RedCents
1,151¢
I wanst able to connect all my toons... i was getting ping errors in mq chat window... so didnt test the escape character yet

RedCents
164¢
I reinstalled windows 10, but used old mq install and still the CPU utilization 15-17% for no client on it. Not sure why.

RedCents
1,140¢
I reinstalled windows 10, but used old mq install and still the CPU utilization 15-17% for no client on it. Not sure why.
Thats really odd.. i am running basically same setup.. the old MQ2ECBS.exe file, which isnt included in the current VV, i copy it in from older ones.. and in windows 10, and its nowhere near even 5% utilization ever.. and i use up to 8 clients connected at once...

RedCents
possible to bump this line up before compile?
const int CEqbcs::MAX_CLIENTS = 50

maybe 54? or 72?

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
I can confirm.

CPU usage is really high, running without anyone connected

jimbob

RedCents
1,858¢
I think I know why it's high CPU usage... The beta one was built with all the debug info still in there. When I debug it through Visual Studio, I have similar performance issues. I don't know if it's just Visual Studio, or the I/O library I am using that's causing the performance hit. I'll post a new copy (release version instead of debug) shortly. I have been working on a few things. I am still seeing issues with NETBOTS, and haven't really looked into why (been busy with raiding and family stuff).

Edit: Added release version...

Attachments

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢
I think I know why it's high CPU usage... The beta one was built with all the debug info still in there. When I debug it through Visual Studio, I have similar performance issues. I don't know if it's just Visual Studio, or the I/O library I am using that's causing the performance hit. I'll post a new copy (release version instead of debug) shortly. I have been working on a few things. I am still seeing issues with NETBOTS, and haven't really looked into why (been busy with raiding and family stuff).

This is running beautifully, thank you

RedCents
5,519¢
Occasionally when using EQBC for long durations It would get hung up. So I started running it in debug mode.
Below is a screenshot of what it looked like when I woke up this morning.

1555082657832.png

Ingame it looked like below

1555082683650.png

I was not doing anything during the time afk. Just simply left my toons logged in standing in pok.

Closing EQBCS.exe and opening it again and reconnecting my toons "fixes" the issue, which leads me to believe it's related to EQBCS and not MQ2EQBC itself.

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢

Could you post the source to one of our version controls pretty please? I'd like to get everyone on the new version

jimbob

RedCents
1,858¢
Well, there may be an issue with that. I made some more changes to add some additional error checking to the circular I/O buffer. I thought the issue was that the buffer might be getting full then to an inconsistent state because Peek() may have been allowing reads past the end of data marker (as in it was reading invalid data that was already consumed). I also started to add thread synchronization back in, so I can make it multithreaded like it was when I started, but I haven't completed that code. There were too many synchronization issues because the libraries I am using aren't inherently thread-safe. So, if one thread is enumerating the client list to consume data available on a socket, and another socket disconnects while that's happening, and gets deleted, the iterator of the list gets confused, and causes the application to crash (because an element that is being deleted may be in use). Multhreaded communications applications are tons of fun to debug too. I will check the latest revision I posted to VSTS to see if it has the fix for the escaped characters in it. If not, I'll comment out my working changes, and upload the escape character fix.

Edit: I think I got the relevant changes committed. :) Let me know if there are issues.

Last edited:

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
38,691¢