• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQBC (1 Viewer)

Creedy

September 10th, 2023
RIP
RedCents
70¢
I cant get my EQBC to work at all, I have to open the folder it self, and then go to each char and do /bccmd connect, there a way for them to auto connect so I don't have to do this anymore easier way to do it?

EQBC should be included in your Vanilla package. Check your Release folder for EQBCS.exe and click that. I made a copy and dragged it to my desktop, so everytime I update or reboot, I can start ECBC and Vanilla MQ2.

When you run the exe, it will either just start a text box or may give you some options. Choose "Stand alone" if you get the choices.

If you're running it on a diff computer than your MQ2 boxes, you need to read the full guide linked above.

Running it all on one computer, But its not putting the Icon down at the bottom for EQBC ,I still have to go in and open Mules to use it

You can install EQBCS2.exe as a Windows service or as a Linux daemon if you compile the source on a Linux box. Alternatively, you can use a start up script to start MQ2, EQBC, and whatever else you want started. Here's an old powershell script I used to do just that, if you'd like to use it to write your own if that's an appealing solution to you.

csharp:
$IS = "InnerSpace.exe"
$MQ2 = "MacroQuest2.exe"
$MySEQ = "server.exe"
$Gina = "gina.exe"
$EQBC = "eqbcs2.exe"
$GamParse = "GamParse-1.6.0.13.exe"

$ISPath = "D:\Program Files\isBoxer\InnerSpace.exe"
$MQ2Path = "d:\MQ2RG\$MQ2"
$MQ2TestPath = "D:\MQ2RG - Copy\$MQ2"
$MySEQPath = "d:\MQ2RG\MySEQ\server.exe"
$EQBCIPath = "d:\MQ2RG\eqbci.exe"
$GINAPath = "C:\Users\New Buyer\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\X9ENEG3A.7AT\8DG44H21.L1E\gina..tion_d03ba0016bff7a04_0001.0000_01c7bcb8e29f5572\$Gina"
$ServerPath = "D:\MQ2RG\$EQBC"
$GamParsePath = "D:\MQ2RG\Utilities\$GamParse"

$RunPlain = "Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -FilePath "
$RunAdmin = "Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath"

$RunIS = Get-Process -Name $IS -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunMQ = Get-Process -Name $MQ2 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunSEQ = Get-Process -Name $MySEQ -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunBCI = Get-Process -Name EQBCI -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunGINA = Get-Process -Name $Gina -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunBCS = Get-Process -Name $EQBC -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunGamParse = Get-Process -Name $GamParse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

if($RunIS -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $ISPath}
if($RunMQ -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $MQ2TestPath}
if($RunSEQ -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $MySEQPath}
if($RunBCI -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $EQBCIPath}
if($RunGINA -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $GINAPath}
if($RunGamParse -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $GamParsePath}
if($RunBCS -eq $null) {
    ForEach ($i in 2111..2115) {
        Start-Process -WindowStyle hidden -FilePath $ServerPath -ArgumentList "-p $i"
    }
}

It isn't pretty, but it worked for starting all that stuff. Note also that it starts EQBCS 4 times, running ports 2111 through 2115.

ALTERNATIVELY alternatively, MQ2Dannet has entirely antiquated MQ2EQBC and requires no set up; EQBC is essentially in legacy at this point.

Question - EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back