• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQBC

RedCents
40¢
I cant get my EQBC to work at all, I have to open the folder it self, and then go to each char and do /bccmd connect, there a way for them to auto connect so I don't have to do this anymore easier way to do it?

RedCents
7,143¢
Full guide. You can enter these commands once and they will auto-connect on startup, then try to reconnect when you zone if connection was lost.
Code:
/bccmd set autoconnect on
/bccmd reconnect on

RedCents
40¢
Alright will give it a try, I dont have to do nothing special of anything do it on installing it up starting it type of thing?

RedCents
40¢
I can seem to get the EQBC to download, it seems I click start or install nothing happens

RedCents
7,143¢
EQBC should be included in your Vanilla package. Check your Release folder for EQBCS.exe and click that. I made a copy and dragged it to my desktop, so everytime I update or reboot, I can start ECBC and Vanilla MQ2.

When you run the exe, it will either just start a text box or may give you some options. Choose "Stand alone" if you get the choices.

If you're running it on a diff computer than your MQ2 boxes, you need to read the full guide linked above.

RedCents
40¢
Running it all on one computer, But its not putting the Icon down at the bottom for EQBC ,I still have to go in and open Mules to use it

RedCents
7,143¢
Yeah, is there a way to have Vanilla auto-start EQBC? I'm not aware of one. I always have to start ECBC and Vanilla.

You could probably set EQBC to auto-start in Windows if you wanted.

gSe7eN

The rouge that pwns in the dark (FIXT)
RedCents
70,910¢
You can install EQBCS2.exe as a Windows service or as a Linux daemon if you compile the source on a Linux box. Alternatively, you can use a start up script to start MQ2, EQBC, and whatever else you want started. Here's an old powershell script I used to do just that, if you'd like to use it to write your own if that's an appealing solution to you.

EQStart.ps1:
$IS = "InnerSpace.exe"
$MQ2 = "MacroQuest2.exe"
$MySEQ = "server.exe"
$Gina = "gina.exe"
$EQBC = "eqbcs2.exe"
$GamParse = "GamParse-1.6.0.13.exe"

$ISPath = "D:\Program Files\isBoxer\InnerSpace.exe"
$MQ2Path = "d:\MQ2RG\$MQ2"
$MQ2TestPath = "D:\MQ2RG - Copy\$MQ2"
$MySEQPath = "d:\MQ2RG\MySEQ\server.exe"
$EQBCIPath = "d:\MQ2RG\eqbci.exe"
$GINAPath = "C:\Users\New Buyer\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\X9ENEG3A.7AT\8DG44H21.L1E\gina..tion_d03ba0016bff7a04_0001.0000_01c7bcb8e29f5572\$Gina"
$ServerPath = "D:\MQ2RG\$EQBC"
$GamParsePath = "D:\MQ2RG\Utilities\$GamParse"

$RunPlain = "Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -FilePath "
$RunAdmin = "Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath"

$RunIS = Get-Process -Name $IS -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunMQ = Get-Process -Name $MQ2 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunSEQ = Get-Process -Name $MySEQ -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunBCI = Get-Process -Name EQBCI -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunGINA = Get-Process -Name $Gina -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunBCS = Get-Process -Name $EQBC -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$RunGamParse = Get-Process -Name $GamParse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

if($RunIS -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $ISPath}
if($RunMQ -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $MQ2TestPath}
if($RunSEQ -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $MySEQPath}
if($RunBCI -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $EQBCIPath}
if($RunGINA -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $GINAPath}
if($RunGamParse -eq $null) {Start-Process -WindowStyle Minimized -Verb RunAs -FilePath $GamParsePath}
if($RunBCS -eq $null) {
    ForEach ($i in 2111..2115) {
        Start-Process -WindowStyle hidden -FilePath $ServerPath -ArgumentList "-p $i"
    }
}
It isn't pretty, but it worked for starting all that stuff. Note also that it starts EQBCS 4 times, running ports 2111 through 2115.

ALTERNATIVELY alternatively, MQ2Dannet has entirely antiquated MQ2EQBC and requires no set up; EQBC is essentially in legacy at this point.