• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQBC with VDI (1 Viewer)

RedCents
11¢
So I have 2 desktops all setup and when I connect to the same EQBC server and use the "Come to me" or "Follow Me" feature everything works correctly. So i decided to setup 2 additional VDI running locally on my main desktop to add 2 additional toons to my group. I am able to connect to EQBC on both and it shows server side the char names and whos connected, but once i group and use the "Come to me" and "Follow me" commands i get no response from the char on the VDI. Any thoughts?

Hi Ventrosi - sounds like things are a little confused - but it should be easy enough to diagnose.
First - VDI = Virtual Desktop Interface....Why are you using this just to add a few more toons to the group. You can setup heaps of toons on a PC without using virtual desktops or anything that will complicate matters.

Second - You said that all the instances are connecting ok. So can you do something like a broadcast to all toons in group ie: /bcga //say "Hi Mom"

If you can connect to EQBCS and you can also broadcast...then the issue is with your Buttons on the new VDI. Did you setup new Windows 10 Virtual Box, and install everything and now maybe you are running some plugins on the new boxes?

Hi Ventrosi - sounds like things are a little confused - but it should be easy enough to diagnose.
First - VDI = Virtual Desktop Interface....Why are you using this just to add a few more toons to the group. You can setup heaps of toons on a PC without using virtual desktops or anything that will complicate matters.

Second - You said that all the instances are connecting ok. So can you do something like a broadcast to all toons in group ie: /bcga //say "Hi Mom"

If you can connect to EQBCS and you can also broadcast...then the issue is with your Buttons on the new VDI. Did you setup new Windows 10 Virtual Box, and install everything and now maybe you are running some plugins on the new boxes?
I did away with the VDI’s. I’ll test the messages tomorrow but in cmd it shows the connection and in game it shows echo is on and the characters that joined.

Szazor,

So when i connect both toons ( separate computers) everything connects as normal. I did the /bcga //say "Hi Mom" and both toons responded in /say. But the buttons in the group window still don't seem to work.... "Come to me" or "Follow Me". I am at a loss as i tried this a few days ago and it was working with just the seperate computer connection. the only change was downloading the VDI program and setting up VDI's and trying it that way. maybe i am missing a plugin? does window mode or full screen modes have any impact?

Ok well if the toons are talking in say then its probably a reasonable assumption to assume EQBCS is working correctly.

And when you manually do a /bcga //nav id ${Me.ID} all the toons should nav to your toon. Correct?

If so - then the problem is in the actual buttons. These Buttons have their command in one of the .ini files.

Mq2Groupinfo.ini in your Config folder.

I am currently using Dannet - so mine will look different to yours. But it should have the /bcg lines as highligted.

1653607898717.png

Ok well if the toons are talking in say then its probably a reasonable assumption to assume EQBCS is working correctly.

And when you manually do a /bcga //nav id ${Me.ID} all the toons should nav to your toon. Correct?

If so - then the problem is in the actual buttons. These Buttons have their command in one of the .ini files.

Mq2Groupinfo.ini in your Config folder.

I am currently using Dannet - so mine will look different to yours. But it should have the /bcg lines as highligted.

View attachment 40075
Before I start checking those ini files….

Update lol this issue is bugging me so I’m trying new things. So I decided to load my laptop up. Login connect and push the command from the laptop.

desktop 1 does not follow commands and laptop and desktop 2 do not respond when desktop 1 gives a command

Laptop follows commands from desktop 2 but does not from desktop 1

Desktop 2 follows commands from laptop but does not follow commands from desktop 1.

I hope this makes sense in a way. All 3 show connected in eqbc server.

attached is my ini. looks normal and now only desktop 2 is listening to commands from my laptop. nothing else listens to any other device..... could it be how EQ is launched? maybe launching in admin mode?

Attachments

• MQ2GroupInfo.ini
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
If you are using EQBC you need to do a little work on the .ini file there....

ComeToMeText=Come To Me
ComeToMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
;ComeToMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}

You have it sending dannet commands instead of EQBC commands...

make sure the lines with /bc are uncommented and comment out the lines with /dg

Problem - EQBC with VDI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back