• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - entering post TBL game this weekend have a group make up question (1 Viewer)

519helvis

test server lobbyist
RedCents
899¢
so ive been running 24 diff toons and been sitting at the 110 TBL level cap for a bit until i had a solid 6 -12 toons ready for cov tov tol etc. my main group thus far has been war/bst/shm/brd/zerk/zerk

i learned recently that rogues and rangers do a significant amt of dmg due to HS and assasinate etc compared to decap in these three expacs. i currently have 4 accts ToL enabled and am purchasing tol for two more this weekend. what are your thoughts for pros/cons on subbing in a rogue for one of the zerkers. (important to note that on my main/driving acct i have the war and an SK to utilize so i plan on swapping in and out as needed). im mainly looking to do the best option for more dps as you can never have enough. would i be best off sticking with my original setup? or will the rogue greatly increase the group dps?

i play on test server if that hs any influence

Last edited:
You wont see any massive difference between the zerk zerk and a zerk rog combo.

If you have the time already invested in the two zerk's - then I would stick with that.

I did some parses of over trash 1000 mobs and zerk was always marginally better, but personally I actually prefer the utility the rog brings. SOS is a handy tool, so I usually run zerk rog and dont notice much difference.

If you have the time already invested in the two zerk's - then I would stick with that.
To me, this is the key. What is your time and money worth?

I don't know rogues at all, though. Zerkers do have a pretty low AA pool to fill (compared to something like a shaman or shadowknight).

To be fair, I don't know Beastlords for shit, either...but Sic & CWTN do... So, it can all work out. Don't worry, be happy.

I don't think the HS/assassinate comes into play until you reach ToL if that affects your decision any. I agree with other posts though- if you're happy with what you have, it's fine. Your Zerks will be murdering stuff too quickly for you to notice the lack of HS or assassinate.

Depends where you go.

If you wanna live in Ka Vethan where literally everything is humanoid, I group with Rogues averaging 1.2mil DPS or more across a whole play session (Zerk's don't come close to that).

But that's one zone in the expansion, everywhere else has a mixture of mob types which stops Rogues shining quite so much

Question - entering post TBL game this weekend have a group make up question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back