• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Enable Windowed Gamma toggle all characters? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
414¢
Hi All,
Is there a way to toggle the enable windowed gamma on all characters at once rather than going thru the display options one at a time. I like to change it for snow zones and change it back for dark zones.

Thoughts? Questions? Querries? Poses?

Best Regards!

I added some code to my monstrously mangled macro that I run that lets me do what you want. You'd need to mold it into something else like a Lua script, hotkey (ick), or config files.

The actual command to toggle enhanced gamma is:

/notify AdvancedDisplayOptionsWindow ADOW_EnableLinearGammaCheckbox leftmouseup

You can also directly slide the gamma slider up and down , but I don't have that handy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The code snippets are designed to be controlled over EQBC chat.

This sub is responsible for getting the desired gamma mode (M) which is saved in a file. It then compares that to the current mode and if they do not match, use /notify to toggle the state.

INI:
Sub CheckGamma
    /if (!${Gamma}) /return
    /declare M int ${Ini[gamma.ini,Zone,${Zone.ID},0]}
    /declare V int 0
    /if (${Window[AdvancedDisplayOptionsWindow/ADOW_EnableLinearGammaCheckbox].Checked}) /varset V 1
    /if (${V}!=${M}) /notify AdvancedDisplayOptionsWindow ADOW_EnableLinearGammaCheckbox leftmouseup
    |/echo CheckGamma: Set: ${M} Value: ${V}
/return

I have an Event for zoning. In this Sub I do a bunch of stuff and call CheckGamma for the new zone.

INI:
Sub Event_Zoned(string line)
    |-- stuff
    /if (${Gamma}) /call CheckGamma
    /return

This section of code handles decoding the users input from EQBC chat. You can turn the feature ON | OFF | High | Low . After the command is processed call CheckGamma to make any actual changes.

INI:
    /if ( ${c1.Equal[gamma]} ) {
        /varset c2 ${Request.Arg[2," "].Lower}
        /if (${c2.Equal[on]}) {
            /varset Gamma 1 
            /call to_channel "setting Gamma ON"
        }
        /if (${c2.Equal[off]}) {
            /varset Gamma 0
            /call to_channel "setting Gamma OFF"
        }
        /if (${c2.Equal[high]}) {
            /ini "gamma.ini"    "Zone"    "${Zone.ID}" 1
        }
        /if (${c2.Equal[low]}) {
            /ini "gamma.ini"    "Zone"    "${Zone.ID}" 0
        }
        /call CheckGamma
    }

Hi All,
Is there a way to toggle the enable windowed gamma on all characters at once rather than going thru the display options one at a time. I like to change it for snow zones and change it back for dark zones.

Thoughts? Questions? Querries? Poses?

Best Regards!
Or you could look into the LEM library thread, or the LEM thread itself and see I created a LEM for this very thing. While it was specific to Bloodfields mission, it can be slightly altered to be used on the fly as you see fit, and the great part????? LEM's can be enabled for toons all at once.

Question - Enable Windowed Gamma toggle all characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back