• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Easy Shroud Progression (1 Viewer)

DarkUnknownOne

RedCents
Have you seen a certain monster you'd like to unlock? Want that end-of-the-line Wizard Spectre JUST to play a Spectre? Well, it will no longer require endless amounts of exping while shrouded in a class you probably don't want to play. First, of course, the actual benefits of unlocking more shrouds should be mentioned.

Now, not many people really use the shrouds for much more than entertainment, and very few people to date have unlocked more than the default. The advantages to unlocking higher ranks is better stats and more AA's to use for the same class. A good example of this is to compare the Basalisk 'zerker to the Scaled Wolf 'zerker at level 55. The Basalisk has 84 AA's, while the Wolf has 93. Big difference there.

Now, onto the strategy! pick a line you want to unlock, be it just for the monster or because you like the classes. Shroud into a level 5 of that line, and head to Nektolus. Here's the challenging part, you must get to the Freemind Cipher in Undershore as a level 5. This isn't too hard if you know the way. Avoid the various mobs on the way that would love a nice low-hp dinner, and get to Undershore. I've heard that getting to Cipher just requires jumping down the waterfall and swimming left, but there are a lot of Basalisks in that water, and I don't trust this route. Look around the left of the area for a walkable way down, there should be one. Or, alternatively, you can just /warp to him. Now that you're in front of Cipher, there is no danger at all, unless someone trains you. See those 5 mushroom things sitting around him? Open all 5. Wait a couple minutes for them to respawn and open them again. I suggest /hidecorpse all after opening the 5. You'll be getting 1-2% Progression for each wave of opening. This can probably be macro'd or something, but it's pretty easy by hand, too. at this rate, you should unlock a shroud in an hour and a half or so, with no effort on your part. Well, I'll probably edit this later, but I hope someone finds this useful.

Nice! Same here, will be doing the same tonite... hopefully wont get patched before i make it home! :p Be nice to see what the highest shrouded cleric can do.... just wish shrouds could use alternative weapons.

FYI - someone created a thread on the SoE boards about this. Also, I am sure this will be fixed with the upcoming patch.

Somebody is actually COMPLAINING about it on the Sony boards? Well that sucks. Hopefully it won't get nerfed for a little while, at least..

Be careful running this one if there are people waiting on a mission. Causes huge lag on slow systems and it will irritate the hell out of them. Got 1% for every 2 opens.

rawwar said:
Be careful running this one if there are people waiting on a mission. Causes huge lag on slow systems and it will irritate the hell out of them. Got 1% for every 2 opens.
Well, there is nothing for them to really complain about. If they try to hassle you, tell them to do /hidecorpse all and ignore them. It is in no way a bannable offense, as people can still loot the spores. You're also getting more % per opens than me, you lucky punk.

Actually, it is a very annoying thing to do. FYI, there is a loot timer, and you cannot get a mission for a few mins. /hidecorpse does nothing but make it impossible to get a mission when some jackass has a macro and is opening them on spawn. NOW, if you were to wait a 30 second jaunt before you slam it to the ground, then maybe it would not irritate so many people.

Somebody is actually COMPLAINING about it on the Sony boards?

You don't remember the people that reminded the teacher of homework just before the weekend? Or that you were suppose to get a quiz that day?

We get stuck with them on the net because they have no friends and are forced to remain in doors by angry mobs. Makes me so mad I wanna cut them so bad they wish I didn't cut them so bad.

Ted said:
Makes me so mad I wanna cut them so bad they wish I didn't cut them so bad.
Isn't that a quote from family guy? one of the "bad roaches" said something like that I think =p

This is now NERFED. I unlocked a line the night before the patch. Now today, opened zillions of shrooms, nada progression. Wish I'd heard of this earlier. Any more like this about?

Easy Shroud Progression

Users who are viewing this thread

Back