• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - DW to 2HB (1 Viewer)

RedCents
538¢
Hey... I have been working on my monk... testing out some of the files. looking for one that suits me.
I have an issue I just can't seem to figure out and its on all of them... So.. its gotta be me and something I must be doing.

The issue is, I am supposed to use duel wield? to proc the Fists of Wu? ( Fists of Fury III ? ) once this has procced, I am supposed to switch to 2hb for better DPS.
I am not sure how to start the fight in DW... proc the Fists of Fury III then switch to 2HB automatically. I thought the Files were doing this but even as I just fresh installed and tested without changing anything, my monk would not switch to DW and if i did it manually, it just kept flipping back into 2HB style

( does it even matter if i use DW to initiate the Fists of Fury proc? ) I'm guessing the proc rate is much higher in DW but is the juice worth the squeeze? Should i just use 2HB and take what i get in procs? I don't need to max/min. I am not raiding. But I would like to not be completely terrible

Drazzi

Assuming you are using kissassist.

DW:
Buffs1=command:/bandolier activate DW|100|Cond1

Cond1=!${Me.Buff[Fists of Fury].ID}

2H:
DPS1=command:/bandolier activate 2H|100|Cond2

Cond2=${Me.Buff[Fists of Fury].ID}

It whould be something like that. Not sure if that's the exact syntax.

Hey... I have been working on my monk... testing out some of the files. looking for one that suits me.
I have an issue I just can't seem to figure out and its on all of them... So.. its gotta be me and something I must be doing.

The issue is, I am supposed to use duel wield? to proc the Fists of Wu? ( Fists of Fury III ? ) once this has procced, I am supposed to switch to 2hb for better DPS.
I am not sure how to start the fight in DW... proc the Fists of Fury III then switch to 2HB automatically. I thought the Files were doing this but even as I just fresh installed and tested without changing anything, my monk would not switch to DW and if i did it manually, it just kept flipping back into 2HB style

( does it even matter if i use DW to initiate the Fists of Fury proc? ) I'm guessing the proc rate is much higher in DW but is the juice worth the squeeze? Should i just use 2HB and take what i get in procs? I don't need to max/min. I am not raiding. But I would like to not be completely terrible

Drazzi
The AA and reason to swap on monk is kinda broken. the AA actually will proc on anything, and the proc rate is stupid.

for monk you're likely going to get better results just using 2hander full time.

I worked on this quite a bit when doing MQ2Monk which i has a "use bando swap". I kinda explain this in the monk pre-vid and then the monk overview vid if you wanted a longer blathering about it.

Beastlords are a different story and definitely DO want to swap

Last edited:
What are the interactions? Better put, when should we be using 2H vs 1H?
Something like this?:
2H while using Vindication spell line
1H, when not under Vindication, for Gelid Rending (AA)
I demonstrate and talk about in the mq2bst video

but tl;dr the way i do it for mq2bst is during vindication or dfury, we use 2h, outside we swap to our 1h/h2h set

I suggest always using the best mnk/bst specific weapon for mnk/bst

Problem - DW to 2HB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back