• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - DS Powerleveling? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
167¢
Hello all,

Returning player after a long hiatus, been back at it for about 6 months now. I remember back in the day loading up my SK with a bunch of DSes, sticking a non-damage item in his primary slot, and gathering a bunch of mobs to hit the SK while my lowbies AOEed/ damaged each one, one by one. I see several guides on this site describing this process in detail, so I know it was still a thing somewhat recently... is it broken now? I am trying to do this with my 111 SK and two lowbie chars I just created, and the DS doesn't seem to be doing anything. just pulling a couple mobs, the only damage they seem to take is the damage the lowbies deal. Am I doing something wrong? Or has this been "fixed"?

Still works, im guessing the mobs are missing you, when trying to hit so they dont take dmg from the ds.
Start taking off gear from your sk, to lower your ac stats and anything to do with dodge, seems to work for me.

If you get a Honed Wurmslayer for your sk, if you don't already have one, the process will be much easier. The Wurmslayer gives you a rune-like effect that absorbs the first 1750dmg of every melee hit which is enough to completely absorb most low lvl mobs hits. Sitting with the Honed Wurmslayer will allow the mobs to constantly hit the sk without him standing back up from taking dmg.

P.S. Just make sure not to riposte the mobs! To avoid this I generally pull with a non-riposte item in primary, turn my back to the mobs, equip the wurmslayer, then sit.

the mac does everyhting for you. You first build your group of lowbies, then the leader of that group invites the SK, then you launch the mac from the SK.. everything else happen on auto pilot. No need to invite or uninvite anything after that.
I think Draxton meant in general for DS Powerleveling, the high level toon needs to be out of group. Kind of a no brainer there, but an essential step.

So I tried the macro, and it didn't work for me. Here's what I did, and what happened:

1. I grouped all my toons together, 10 Bard (leader), 10 Shaman, 10 Berserker, 10 Ranger, 111 SK
2. I stood all my toons in front of the mission NPC
3. I started the macro on my SK
===The following was done automatically by the macro===
4. The SK memmed spells, but only cast Tylix's Skin Rk. II, no DS. NB: I already had a mage DS on the SK from a previous group, but did not edit the macro to have an outside toon buff him with a new DS
5. The SK requested the mission
6. The macro paused for ~40 seconds for the zone to be ready
7. The bard zoned in
===At this point, the macro stopped doing anything, so I did the following===
8. I zoned the rest of my toons in
===Once all toons were in zone, the macro picked up again and did the following automatically===
9. The SK dropped from the group
10. The SK started running around the instance gathering mobs
11. The SK ran back to the zone line where the rest of the group was
12. The SK faced the corner, with his back to the mobs, letting them hit him until they all died.
===The macro never engaged the bard to AoE the mobs, so no one got any XP. It did continue on the SK though, doing the following automatically===
13. The SK rejoined the group
14. The SK zoned out of the instance
===The rest of the group stayed in the instance while the SK dropped the mission and re-requested===
15. The rest of the group popped out of the instance back into PoK, nowhere near the mission NPC - by the tree near Cadelawin Browan
===At this point, I ended the macro because it seemed like it was broken for me===

Any idea what I did wrong? I didn't edit the macro at all, just ran it as it is. It seemed like all the editing needed from the original version of the macro had been engineered out by version 2.0.

you need to make sure you have both EQBC and MQ2dannet running. that could be with the group didn't engage

DanNet u get from the site if its not already included with VV. Run on all your toons.
INI:
/plugin MQ2dannet load

eqbc is a check box in the launcher and started when you launch redguides and you connect to it via
INI:
//bccmd //connect 127.0.0.1 2112
//bccmd set autoconnect on
/bccmd reconnect on

Don't forget to pop the exp AA prior to going in, Can't remember what it its called.

No editing needed unless you have an OOG DS available to you.

then you would edit this lines 46 and 47 in the macro file
INI:
sub Declares
    |---------------Start Edit-----------------------------------|
    |------------------------------------------------------------|
    /declare Damageshieldcaster string outer MYDSCHARNAMEHERE
    /declare Damageshieldspell  string outer MYDSCHARNAMESPELLHERE

Last edited:
So I tried the macro, and it didn't work for me. Here's what I did, and what happened:

1. I grouped all my toons together, 10 Bard (leader), 10 Shaman, 10 Berserker, 10 Ranger, 111 SK
2. I stood all my toons in front of the mission NPC
3. I started the macro on my SK
===The following was done automatically by the macro===
4. The SK memmed spells, but only cast Tylix's Skin Rk. II, no DS. NB: I already had a mage DS on the SK from a previous group, but did not edit the macro to have an outside toon buff him with a new DS
5. The SK requested the mission
6. The macro paused for ~40 seconds for the zone to be ready
7. The bard zoned in
===At this point, the macro stopped doing anything, so I did the following===
8. I zoned the rest of my toons in
===Once all toons were in zone, the macro picked up again and did the following automatically===
9. The SK dropped from the group
10. The SK started running around the instance gathering mobs
11. The SK ran back to the zone line where the rest of the group was
12. The SK faced the corner, with his back to the mobs, letting them hit him until they all died.
===The macro never engaged the bard to AoE the mobs, so no one got any XP. It did continue on the SK though, doing the following automatically===
13. The SK rejoined the group
14. The SK zoned out of the instance
===The rest of the group stayed in the instance while the SK dropped the mission and re-requested===
15. The rest of the group popped out of the instance back into PoK, nowhere near the mission NPC - by the tree near Cadelawin Browan
===At this point, I ended the macro because it seemed like it was broken for me===

Any idea what I did wrong? I didn't edit the macro at all, just ran it as it is. It seemed like all the editing needed from the original version of the macro had been engineered out by version 2.0.

i too had the problem that the mobs all died from the ds Before any lowbie toons engaged the mobs. the macro works best when the lowbies are atleast 20+ (in my experience). I started to manually casting AE aggro and running in my bard after both aggro spells landed untill mobs got high enough to not die instantly from ds.

Okay, great... the macro seems to be doing everything it is supposed to be doing now.

I did have DanNet and eqbc loaded, but I didn't have the eqbc server running. Once I fixed that, the other toons started doing what they were supposed to be doing.

There were a few things I figured out I was missing as well. I didn't realize I needed to create the NoRipo and Wurm bando sets myself, so I fixed that. I also realized the bard was trying to twist song 8, NOT song 1 where I had chords of dissonance memmed. Once I fixed all that, the bard ran into the crowd of mobs and started twisting chords of dissonance... and no XP, even though the mobs showed up on extended targets. Looking back through my logs, it looks like everything was resisted. Should I push to lvl 12 to use Bruno's? Or like Nadom said push to level 20?

Thanks for all the help so far!

I used Cod 100%, never had an issue with resists. if there in your xtgt it means your on the hate list, you don't need to do anything from there I think. you could even stop singing and go back to the group. It should result in all the exp to your group. Again not sure though.

Question - DS Powerleveling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back